Need help with LS Ghisallo frame size

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

litespeeder

by litespeeder

Hallo everyone,

at the moment, I own a Cinelli Pro Estrada frameset (size M), which I planned to built up as a WW project. Now, I get an offer for a 2008 Litespeed Ghisallo frameset (M/L). The Ghisallo is one of my dreambikes, so I think about changing the frameset. My problem ist the different framesize. I'm 5'7''. The geometry for the Cinelli, for the Ghisallo. Will the M/L Ghisallo fit for me?

Regards Stephan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ghisallo2003

by ghisallo2003

I am 5ft 7 and a bit, and I ride a small Ghisallo, with 10cm stem. Fit and size will depend a lot on body shape, but I am doubtful that a M/L is the right size for you.

mnmasotto

by mnmasotto

I am 5"7" and weight about 165lbs. When I was looking for a used Litespeed Ghisallo I found (5) size medium framesets for every (1) size small. I found a few new size medium framesets and wanted to get the medium size so much it hurt. But after seeing the fit and stem length needed for my physique it became obvious the size small would suit me best.

Herbert

by Herbert

I am 6'2" and I ride a ML Ghisallo. I could ride a size L too, but I much prefer the smaller size.

RussellS

by RussellS

Tuscany owner, not Ghisallo. 5'11" and ride the 59cm Tuscany. Which corresponds with the Large size Ghisallo. 12cm stem too. The M/L Ghisallo has a 56cm top tube. At 5'7" I'd say its a bit long for you. The 6'2" person saying he rides a M/L Ghisallo is humorous.

CimaCoppi

by CimaCoppi

I'd second... or third... or forth that is it too big. I'm 6'0 and I ride a 56 TT (non-Ghisallo) and I really could even go smaller to 55 if I wanted something more aggressive.

which.... btw, if the seller needs someone to ride/buy THAT Ghisallo... I could help.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com