Colnago C59 or Bianchi Oltre XR/ Oltre

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stang1

by stang1

Hi guys, its that time of the year again where I just have to have a new toy :oops:

I just cant decide which to have between the 3, I have read alot of reviews and searched the most of google's database, but am still stuck :x

I am 5"10 , weighs a shy 85kgs and have owned a trek 6.5 (sold), cervelo s3 and a clx 3.0 . I am pretty flexible on the bike itself. What I am after is stiffness and comfort.

My clx3.0 is just simply a joy to ride, its comfortable yet stiff enough for me, setup is a 50s sizing with a 130mm whereas my s3 itself, is such a pure race machine! it just wants me to go harder everytime :) its a sz 54 with 120mm stem. both have roughly between 69.5 to 70.5 from bb to saddle height ( sorry , i cant remember, but the clx3.0 has the lower of 2 measurements) The trek I sold prior to purchasing my s3, and oh what a difference there was, the trek felt noodly and not as responsive compared to my s3. It might be psychological, but its one of those things ya know :P My roads are mostly flat but do have some nice inclines. What I would be after is something snappy, good power transfer , and able to provide something not too harsh of a ride :mrgreen:

I am simply stuck, I can get very good deals on both bikes, but am just lost at choice ! the c59 is with the colour scheme as shown below. With the oltre/oltre XR, I am after the celeset colour scheme.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I run campag but both bikes are with DA, I will only have the c59 most likely for a test ride before I purchase, but both bikes will be changed to Campag SR11, and weight weenied as much as possible :lol:

Thanks again people, hoping for those who have the opportunity to ride both can give some feedback :beerchug:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

markyboy

by markyboy

C59 :thumbup:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

PSM

by PSM

C59 is both comfortable and super stiff. And it is a Colnago...

stang1

by stang1

Thanks peeps, I am so glad to have some reply, I will still test ride the c59 prior to my purchase :)

cerro

by cerro

markyboy wrote:C59 :thumbup:

or you will regret it all the time.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

+1 c59!

giro di lento

by giro di lento

For me, the Oltre no question - but we're all different.
My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/

Roobay

by Roobay

C59 is a better long term purchase IMO :mrgreen:
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

stang1

by stang1

Okay guys, Thanks so much. I have locked in the purchase of the c59 ! yay ! :beerchug:

Now my problem is.. Wheels?

I do not know if its just me, but I prefer my shamals over my mavic ksyrium sl's. its like 2 totally different rides. I have been offered either bora ultra 2s or Mavic R-Sys SLR Clincher.

I have researched extensively and do know it comes down to tubular vs clincher , ride quality, etc etc. In all honesty, are the bora ultra 2's much better than R-Sys slrs ?

Thanks ! :beerchug:

kgt

by kgt

stang1 wrote: In all honesty, are the bora ultra 2's much better than R-Sys slrs ?

Much, much better.

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Bora 2s and get yourself some Neutrons or Zondas for training.

sawyer

by sawyer

ultyguy wrote:Bora 2s and get yourself some Neutrons or Zondas for training.

+1

If budget is an issue Bora Ones and Zondas, if not go for BU2s and neutron ultras
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

deluxerider

by deluxerider

I wish I could give some quantitative feedback, but I haven't had experience with either sadly. Aesthetically, I love the C59. Just gorgeous.

markyboy

by markyboy

I have had both sets of wheels the bora 2 and the r sys,boras really nice but kept breaking spokes.
r sys really nice as well,i now have mavic cosmic carbone slr best wheels i have had imo as i want to run clincher.
Anyone need a bora spoke kit i have one for sale brand new.
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

tinozee

by tinozee

White/green c59 looks hot.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com