Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bJay

by bJay

Definitely not a good pic, and the camera flash muddles with the colours (eg. fork), but its a pic.

I was T-Boned by a car turning right across traffic 6 weeks ago. Recovery is slow, so I'm not getting out on the bike much. Yesterday heading out to Willunga for the race was the longest ride I've done since then.

B
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

The Di2 really looks amazing. Looks smaller than the previous version?

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

bJay wrote:Definitely not a good pic, and the camera flash muddles with the colours (eg. fork), but its a pic.

Thanks!

The gruppo looks even better on the bike. From that photo the derailleurs definitely look a lot smaller and more similar to mechanical DA, which is excellent. With no need to do a DIY mod for an internal battery and the (IMO) more attractive, sleek parts, I see no reason to go mechanical anymore.

bJay

by bJay

Once I get back to a decent riding schedule and am happy with the set up I'll post a thread in the introduce yourself forum. I pretty much bought the SL4 Pro version and swapped everything except the wheels and frame. I really liked the colour. I've only done 200 km or so on it, and they weren't exactly race pace, but I'm not noticing anything significantly different compared to the S-Works version I had before.

Group is definitely sleeker, and the finish is nice. I'm happy ;)

B

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

skinnywellfed

by skinnywellfed

bJay wrote:Once I get back to a decent riding schedule and am happy with the set up I'll post a thread in the introduce yourself forum.
B

Who are you, an heir to the Shimano family? There are Pro Teams who have yet to get their D Ace 9070 components.

petal666

by petal666

It's around. A friend of mine has been on it for a week. Some how it's faster than 7970.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

skinnywellfed wrote:Have you logged some mile with these different combinations?

Given I was testing the bike, no running a Campag 11 wheel I didn't ride too far.

But laps around my block found it shifted down absolutely fine. Going back up was, most times, not a clean shift. However I don't doubt a little RD tuning and there would be no issue.

In short, it works.

bJay

by bJay

skinnywellfed wrote:Who are you, an heir to the Shimano family? There are Pro Teams who have yet to get their D Ace 9070 components.

My understanding was that the Pro Teams do have it, at their Service Courses. I guess our rep here is just really good at securing it; my specialized dealer has been pretty amazeballs too :)

B

Albert Einstein

micky

by micky

Heard by a Cervelo dealer that even WT teams are having a limited supply right now.

KWalker

by KWalker

So am I correct in that the Ultegra di2 rear mech won't be forward compatible with 11, but the front mech and shifters will be?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

micky

by micky

By what I have been told the whole group is compatible with 11 speed. :?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KWalker wrote:So am I correct in that the Ultegra di2 rear mech won't be forward compatible with 11, but the front mech and shifters will be?

I've not seen that at all.

Like Micky, thought all of Ultegra di2 was forwards compatible.

Laurens

by Laurens

A picture of my new build (the first time I completely built a bike from scratch - it adds to the experience):

Click here for the bigger picture
(sorry, taken with crappy phone)

Fondriest TF2 1.0 with Dura Ace 9000

Needless to say I love it.

skinnywellfed

by skinnywellfed

Good job on the build.
Some have commented that the D Ace 9K brakes can be a bit 'grabby'. What has been your experience?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Same as 7900 brakes really.

Could land a jumbo jet with them.

If you want modulation, Campag still the way to go.