Show me Your Tuning!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Strong, strong work there Weeracerweenie! (and to this entire thread, really)

So why are you selling your rig?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

prendrefeu wrote:Strong, strong work there Weeracerweenie! (and to this entire thread, really)

So why are you selling your rig?

Thanks Prend, simple, time to get serious about racing...
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

monchito

by monchito

:thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations :thumbup: :thumbup:

And welcome to the most exclusive club in the world!!!.
I saw that you did it just with a file and your hands. GOOD HANDS (but perhaps a little dirty :wink: )

Well done, I :beerchug: for it¡¡¡

:up: :up: :up: weeracerweenie :up: :up: :up:

Stockie

by Stockie

What does happen now when you are in the eleventh cog and you want to change gears to a smaller cog?
I Will make the leap

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

It will shift down normally the way he had modified the shifter. This is very simple way of doing it really. It is awonder why Sram do not bring out 11 speed. Also it is a wonder why DS flanges keep on moving over for 11 speed if you have got eveything to work on 10 speed hub.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

monchito wrote::thumbup: :thumbup: Congratulations :thumbup: :thumbup:

And welcome to the most exclusive club in the world!!!.

Best Club in the world monchito :wink: :wink: :wink:

Stockie wrote:What does happen now when you are in the eleventh cog and you want to change gears to a smaller cog?

It works exactly the same as it did before the modification, but with an extra gear! No different shifting style, no worries, all normal!

bm0p700f wrote:It is awonder why Sram do not bring out 11 speed. Also it is a wonder why DS flanges keep on moving over for 11 speed if you have got eveything to work on 10 speed hub.

Agreed, SRAM 11 speed cant be far away, surely there is something cool coming from SRAM next year? I think this cassette might have some issues on oddly spoked wheels, but essentially i can put it on any wheel slot it into my bike and ride away laughing with all 11 gears.. :beerchug:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So, now I wonder... since the modification is truly only in the right shifter's ratchet,
could someone simply use a new dura-ace 11spd cassette on the 11spd freehub with this mod?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

I'll get back to you on that one... I'm doing a little research on that now

KLabs

by KLabs

probably :-)

eric

by eric

I think the DA 11sp has slightly narrower spacing between the cogs than 10sp. But it might be close enough. It'd be more likely to work with Campy 11sp as that is closer to Shimano 11sp spacing.

AC hubs have a pretty wide DS flange spacing. If it works with them then it should work with most hubs.... but perhaps not on wheels that have heads in lacing on the DS.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

eric wrote:but perhaps not on wheels that have heads in lacing on the DS.

Agreed +1

On the DA11 vs Sram 11 the DA is slightly narrower, by how much im trying to figure out... A shimano 11 will work on a Campy 11 as the spacing over the entire cassette is only 0.4mm (put them both on a flat surface, one entire cassette will be 0.4 higher)

That means if you tune the 11 from the middle cog, at the 11 or 25 it will only be out by 0.2mm that equals not enough to even bother worrying about... So if someone makes the switch from campy 11 to shimano 11 they can use their campy cassettes and wheels without changing them over!

MagnusH

by MagnusH

weeracerweenie wrote:Hmm well im trying to build a second cassette but to adapt my 11-23 i need to attach a 25 to keep the incriments at sensble levels... I can only find a 24 or a 26, and i dont really fancy a 26 on it

The 23-26 jump would be the same as on a 10 spd 11-26 cassette (just saying). Or are you worried that the 11 spd mod can 'only' handle a two teeth increment?

Anyways: Great work! :thumbup:

eric

by eric

I know it's an experiment, but how much weight did your 11th cog add?

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

The 28 added 43 grams EEEEKKKKKKK :( But the 25 that im adding to my 11 - 23 ill make a bit lighter, aiming for under 30 grams.

I removed 0.9grams from the lever by the way, savings are savings :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

MagnusH wrote:
weeracerweenie wrote:Hmm well im trying to build a second cassette but to adapt my 11-23 i need to attach a 25 to keep the incriments at sensble levels... I can only find a 24 or a 26, and i dont really fancy a 26 on it

The 23-26 jump would be the same as on a 10 spd 11-26 cassette (just saying). Or are you worried that the 11 spd mod can 'only' handle a two teeth increment?

Anyways: Great work! :thumbup:

My thoughts the step up for my cadence might be a little large... the 11- 23 is 1 or 2 cog increments but a three i think woulod make it less of a race cassette, i really need to find a 25 for it, but if i cant ill run the 26