2013 Madone 7.9

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rostarun

by rostarun

Just weighed in at 14.3 with speedplay peddles and carbon bottle cages. U5 Vapor Paint, Full Sram Red, and Stan's No Tubes Alpha wheel with Hutchinson Atom tires.
Attachments
2013Madone.JPG
Last edited by rostarun on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

linus

by linus

W/o pics., it didn't happen.

Brandonnie

by Brandonnie

Pics please :)

Trkorb

by Trkorb

Sounds legit - my 60cm 7.9 with SRAM, standard paint, speed plays, cages, computer and durace ace C24s with grand prix 4000s weighs in at just under 15.

I would post pictures but i don't have a high enough post count :(

On a side note how have the brakes been for you? I seem to get a lot of flex within the brake itself which ruins brake feel in my opinion. Does anyone know if i can use the dura ace brakes with sram levers? I guess they would be different ratios? :( Or can i adjust them?

1spd

by 1spd

You can definitely shed some weight by swapping out those tires. I think mine were about 60g heavier than the VeloFlex I swapped them for. None the less, out of the box that is pretty sweet!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

TrekUk
Shop Owner

by TrekUk

I agree about right, ive a 5 series with pedals, lights and garmin edge 200 all fitted and this was just under 16lb with everything
Madone Five Series 2013
Shimano Dura-Ace 9000
Mavic Cosmic SLE 2013

rostarun

by rostarun

Here's a pic. Had it weighed at the LBS so I don't have a picture of the scale.
Attachments
2013Madone.JPG

NGMN

by NGMN

Very nice!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drewb

by drewb

OliverRB wrote:
On a side note how have the brakes been for you? I seem to get a lot of flex within the brake itself which ruins brake feel in my opinion. Does anyone know if i can use the dura ace brakes with sram levers? I guess they would be different ratios? :( Or can i adjust them?

I have a 7.9 (6.04kg / 13.3lbs 62cm H2 details will follow) I just swapped my Bontrager brakes for Dura-ace. I hated the bontrager brakes for many reasons, but not for feel funny enough. The Dura-ace brakes work great.

[*] DA were a bit of a pain to install (don't remove the plastic bits before trying to install.)
[*] DA weigh a little less. Front 139g vs 146g. Rear 118g vs 146g
[*] DA front is more powerful than Bontrager (from feel only)
[*] DA rear flexes so I am not sure how much power you could really put in there - but it is a rear brake so I am sure it would lock up before bending too much. Might flex more than Bontrager on the rear
[*] DA is better made with a more quality feel about it and the bolts should not rust (like the bontrager ones were beginning to)
[*] DA pads will be much much easier to swap (important for be with carbon and al. wheels)
[*] DA do not look as stealth as bontrager.
[*] Trek has 3 holes at the front and rear to mount brakes. both brakes use 2 holes. DA and Bont share 1 hole and the other one you pull out a plug from the frame and shift it to the redundant hole.

I hated the bontrager brakes so much for many reasons (mainly build quality, adustability hassles and brake pad swapping hassles. If I had my time again i guess I would buy a full DA setup and not Red/Bontrager for a Trek as the bontrager brakes are a killer for me and I don't like having such a mismatch of red/DA parts.