HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 427 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 7285
Location: Geeeelong!
majklnajt, lets not derail the thread on the comings and goings of the forum.


Lance material from here on, please.

_________________
http://www.nicksquillari.com.au Forum Jedi


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:26 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 3533
Location: UK & WEST AFRICA
Tinea Pedis wrote:
KB wrote:
So, we start banning people just for that?

At what point did any one who actually administer the site ever confirm this?

We didn't.

Yes, of course you didn't, so I what's the point of your reply: you can answer that yourself. We are not subject to the caprices of the moderators.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:08 am
Posts: 7285
Location: Geeeelong!
You took someone's suggestion and acted as if that was gospel and how we acted.

Of course you're not subject to our (apparent?) 'unaccountable changes of mood or behavior', we strive to try and remain calm and even handed as possible.


You also would not have seen the DM's I returned to people calling, months ago, for artray to be booted - defending his right to voice his opinion.


If there's any more you'd like to discuss KB certainly DM myself and Frankie, happy to chat about it. I'll again ask though please we get this thread back to Lance/his confession/etc.

_________________
http://www.nicksquillari.com.au Forum Jedi


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 3533
Location: UK & WEST AFRICA
Thx for your reply. The only thing I will say for those wanting him removed, they should be ashamed of themselves. Small minded people who can't hack someone else's view.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:40 pm
Posts: 3471
Location: Lenart, Slovenia EUROPE
A bit of History
By: Michele Ferrari
Published: 22 Jan 2013

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=126

_________________
TREK Madone 5.9 SL #7
ex COLNAGO C50


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 3319
Location: Natovi Landing
KB wrote:
Thx for your reply. The only thing I will say for those wanting him removed, they should be ashamed of themselves. Small minded people who can't hack someone else's view.


Sorry, I respect your views and contribution KB, but I can't let this, go unchallenged. I won't keep posting on this, so as not to derail the thread.

This is absolutely not a matter of just disagreeing with artray's views. This is a matter - from my perspective at least - of a member who habitually posted rude, moronic, and deliberately obstructive and antagonist posts.

He consistently refused to participate in sensible debate and routinely attacked other members. "A differing point of view" yes, and much else besides.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 7298
Location: San Francisco, CA
majklnajt wrote:
A bit of History
By: Michele Ferrari
Published: 22 Jan 2013

http://www.53x12.com/do/show?page=article&id=126


Well, cycling is a clean sport now. Not like last week.

_________________
http://djconnel.blogspot.com/
Fuji SL/1
\


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:32 pm
Posts: 3533
Location: UK & WEST AFRICA
sawyer wrote:
KB wrote:
Thx for your reply. The only thing I will say for those wanting him removed, they should be ashamed of themselves. Small minded people who can't hack someone else's view.


Sorry, I respect your views and contribution KB, but I can't let this, go unchallenged. I won't keep posting on this, so as not to derail the thread.

This is absolutely not a matter of just disagreeing with artray's views. This is a matter - from my perspective at least - of a member who habitually posted rude, moronic, and deliberately obstructive and antagonist posts.

He consistently refused to participate in sensible debate and routinely attacked other members. "A differing point of view" yes, and much else besides.
Presumably anyone who agrees with you is fine. However, some of the comments against Artray as just as bad, though the English maybe superior. So, what do you do with them. Nowt.

I've been on this board for 9 years. If this is the way we treat people then it's all yours. My last post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 3319
Location: Natovi Landing
KB wrote:
sawyer wrote:
KB wrote:
Thx for your reply. The only thing I will say for those wanting him removed, they should be ashamed of themselves. Small minded people who can't hack someone else's view.


Sorry, I respect your views and contribution KB, but I can't let this, go unchallenged. I won't keep posting on this, so as not to derail the thread.

This is absolutely not a matter of just disagreeing with artray's views. This is a matter - from my perspective at least - of a member who habitually posted rude, moronic, and deliberately obstructive and antagonist posts.

He consistently refused to participate in sensible debate and routinely attacked other members. "A differing point of view" yes, and much else besides.
Presumably anyone who agrees with you is fine. However, some of the comments against Artray as just as bad, though the English maybe superior. So, what do you do with them. Nowt.

I've been on this board for 9 years. If this is the way we treat people then it's all yours. My last post.


KB, with respect it's not about "agreeing with me" or anyone else for that matter. It's about recognising the rules of a sensible discussion between grown ups, and not continually re-setting to a position that has been disproven by facts, while spraying offense at people along the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2309
Location: eh?
A class action law suit over two Armstrong books:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/cy ... k/1858619/

We all anticipate certain legal action but this escaped me.



And on the doping front, more from Vaughters:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-tea ... -1.1245571

Indicates that the UCI was an organization with which you could make deals.


And why so many of you worked up about Artray? He wasn't banned for his views, it was just his trolling that was a problem. And if lots of us are on "thin ice" that's a good thing - it means we have a nice edgy, heated debate going. Forces our characters to show - I like it.

_________________
swinter wrote:
Mr.Gib got it right


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 am
Posts: 1224
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI
Mr.Gib wrote:
And on the doping front, more from Vaughters:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-tea ... -1.1245571" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

what chutzpah :shock:

I liked this story best:


Attachments:
3xFWCrg.jpg
3xFWCrg.jpg [ 67.91 KiB | Viewed 590 times ]

_________________
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 733
Location: Brooklyn
So we are still waiting to find out if Armstrong will confess :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:02 am
Posts: 33
CBJ wrote:
So we are still waiting to find out if Armstrong will confess :D


a full confession? very much so
what has he told us that we didnt already know? he refused questions on Ferrari, he didnt want to name anyone (bruyneel etc), wouldnt admit besty told the truth at the hospital
he lied about the 2001 positive, he lied about riding his comeback clean, the guy couldnt lie straight in bed

if he is truly sorry and wants to help the sport which he says he loves so much he needs to follow in Tylers and Floyds footsteps and tell everything to the proper authorities
letting everyone know how he got away with it and who helped him get away with it, until then his half arsed confession is worthless.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:23 am
Posts: 250
Location: Covington, WA
well said.
la is scum in my book. i don't care that he may have been the best dopeur ever.
more than any other player, he furthered the ruin of the sport. sure there's dope in all pro sports offering big money, but the whole structure here was complicit. i think i hate the uci even more than la. mcquaid/verbruggen ARE the very omerto (code of silence).


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:27 am
Posts: 1224
Location: Grosse Pointe, MI
UpFromOne wrote:
i think i hate the uci even more than la. mcquaid/verbruggen ARE the very omerto (code of silence).

:thumbup:

well said.

_________________
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 427 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BdaGhisallo, nathanong87, plpete and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Lance Armstrong: The Downfall of a Champion - Book Excerpt

in Cycle Chat

HammerTime2

14

1704

Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:23 pm

H0RSE View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Rapha partners with Mellow Johnny's aka Lance Armstrong

in Cycle Chat

Posix1b

9

1578

Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:08 pm

sawyer View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. "The Armstrong Lie" movie

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3 ]

in Cycle Chat

tymon_tm

36

2244

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:08 pm

tymon_tm View the latest post


It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:13 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB