Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

sawyer

by sawyer

KB wrote:Hope he wasn't banned just because he supported Lance!

Supporting Lance is one thing.

Refusing to participate in sensible / rational debate and in fact repeatedly obstructing and hijacking attepts by others to do this, is quite another.

This isn't just opinion; artray's posts speak ineloquently for themselves

Forum is a much better place without him.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

sawyer

by sawyer

bricky21 wrote:Lot's of over analyzing going on here.

By 9/11/2001 Lance had already come back from cancer and won 3 Tours. The environment for him to do as he pleased was already well established.

America didn't need Lance to make us feel better after 9/11. We had a different Texan for that :wink:

Can't disagree with your second point!

9/11/2001 is early in the story to be fair. He's "got away with it" and had the US public largely on his side for almost 11 years since 2001. The environment was established to a large degree in 2001 I agree, and reinforced by 9/11.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bomber

by bomber

A slightly different take on the Oprah interview: Conan Version
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

I know this is a bit tired but still makes me laugh despite the inappropriateness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... rDkcbcvOQ#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

In light of the Oprah interview, this is even funnier than the Hitler thing, mainly because it's not supposed to be funny ... which is what makes it so funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCfYUf3qLfk

KB

by KB

sawyer wrote:
KB wrote:Hope he wasn't banned just because he supported Lance!

Refusing to participate in sensible / rational debate and in fact repeatedly obstructing and hijacking attepts by others to do this, is quite another.

This isn't just opinion; artray's posts speak ineloquently for themselves

Forum is a much better place without him.

So, we start banning people just for that? The despots are alive and well and living on Weightweenies. Wonder if there was a concerted little effort behind the scene to have him removed. I disagreed with just about everything he said, but I would never have stooped to this to have him removed.

KWalker

by KWalker

why is this thread not locked about 5 pages ago?
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

^^ Agree completely with this......unacceptable to ban someone because you don't agree with their posts. He was never inappropriate or belligerent, like some others.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Hein Verbruggen has admitted to giving cyclists advanced warning about upcoming out-of-competition doping controls and warning riders with suspicious blood values so they could either stop whatever it was they were doing or to give them sufficient time to get their levels under control-

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/01/ ... ues_272305" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My contention is the UCI decided to let Verbruggen throw himself underneath the bus, leaving everyone else intact and with no worries about having to abdicate their positions.

Any further problems presenting themselves going forward can be blamed on Verbruggen. What governing body is going to go after him? How can someone whose retired his position years ago be banned, sanctioned or terminated?

Smart move by our boy "Fat" Pat McQuaid. Cynically played like a true bureaucrat.
Last edited by J-Nice on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:13 am, edited 6 times in total.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

djconnel

by djconnel

Finally. Resignations to follow?

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Yeah right. The last one to resign was Nixon. Any semblance of honor once called out, is long gone.

What I wanna know is: who votes those UCI clowns into office anyway? It aint the riders, that's for sure.
And do not their terms of office seem way too long? UCI's very structure seems set up for corruption.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

@UpFromOne

Explained here:
http://inrng.com/2012/09/how-to-replace-pat-mcquaid/

By the way... Inner Ring is either an active visitor of WW or a member. :wink:

I also second KB's comments in regards to artray in full.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

So over the Lance thing atm...really, he's not too dissimilar to many business's, corporations and current governments...what he's done is only a reflection of today's society... :(

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

KB wrote:So, we start banning people just for that?

At what point did any one who actually administer the site ever confirm this?

We didn't.

There was a lot more going on, you're right. Not all of it reflected well on artray. But he's not alone amongst those walking a tightrope on here. And there are plenty of posts that were removed within short time of being posted (from multiple users).

His point of views on Lance (or anything else) notwithstanding.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Am I on tightrope :?: