Kbedford steel... Newold

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fahzybeer

by Fahzybeer

Simply stunning.....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

come on man, more pics!!! Looks wicked

Valy

by Valy

WOWOWOWO!!!!!!11

CharlesM

by CharlesM

fdegrove wrote:Hi,

I'd love to see a version of that steed with all the cream painted parts done in steel cold white (you know white with a drop of blue in it).

De gustibus et coloribus etc....

Awesome project though. :shock:

Ciao, ;)

LOL, That was choice 2. It really came down to "warm" or Cold... This white is Biancoline, just a little cream...

The stock New Ultimate stem is a pure white. This is a little creamy / aged... The bars stem seat post and hubs all are the same paint.

The frost white was close to getting done but I didnt think it would sit as well with the other metal bits that were Alu...

Elrey

by Elrey

It would be really nice with some detail pictures and a full site pic to.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

@CharlesM: that last picture reduces the cream tone nicely. I guess I was a little thrown off by the primer paint tone of it at first glance.

Still, boy, does this look marvelous or what? It reminds me of that luxurious Italian brand, Passoni a lot.

Hats off to all involved. :thumbup:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

GASer wrote: And were is the battery located?

Seat tube..

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Special shifters and internal DI(Fairwheel

We want to know all about that gruppo too. My guess is the shifters are drilled to the bone Centaurs or Veloce but what about the derries and so on?

I also noticed the bolts used on the cockpit are cylindrical ones, I suppose these were picked for looks rather than weight? (They also tend to last longer than your typical conical bolt head)

Riding impressions too, pleeeease.

TA, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

fdegrove wrote:We want to know all about that gruppo too. My guess is the shifters are drilled to the bone Centaurs or Veloce but what about the derries and so on?

Those are definitely TRP levers, and wasn't there discussion a couple years ago after Di2 first came out that they were going to release their own levers? My bet is these are either custom jobs to hold the Di2 buttons, or some kind of prototype/pre-production unit.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The production unit they're working on now are not like these. They had prototypes of their new lever at Interbike and it was also Hydro.

These are stock TRP brake-only levers, using single buttons that were made for another purpose, wired into a custom board that speaks the correct lingo to the stock DI Dace front and rear mechs...

michel2

by michel2

scrump·tious !!

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

The custom boards- so you could get rid of the front junction box? do you have adjustment ability with yours, a little hidden led and button, or do you plug n in a standard front wire to make adjustments before plugging in your own?

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Er, you drive it to Tucson and hand it to Jason at Fairwheel...

Elrey

by Elrey

Gaaahhh.... When do we get to see more pic's of the beauty?

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

thisisatest wrote:The custom boards- so you could get rid of the front junction box? do you have adjustment ability with yours, a little hidden led and button, or do you plug n in a standard front wire to make adjustments before plugging in your own?

Correct that this replaces the front stock Di2. Ours does not handle adjustment, we plug in an external to do the adjustment. I don't want to give away too much so I'll wait until after Charles has had more chance to ride it. I know he plans on doing a story on it, so keep your eye on Pezcyclingnews and once it's done and he's shown it, I'll be happy to answer any questions.

I do have to say I think the bike turned out gorgeous even if it did kill me trying to chase down a short.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com