HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 977 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 66  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:27 am
Posts: 26
Location: BC, Canada
Hi Kylefoo,
Does that mean you have a 38mm x 23 wide now (just not in u shape)? If so, could you provide diagram/profile/pictures?
Thanks,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 14
I have the 38 x 23 rims. They were sold as the "cyclocross" rims. Not sure if the clinchers were ever put on the site.

I don't have a lot of miles on them yet thanks to the weather, but they are awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:27 am
Posts: 26
Location: BC, Canada
Kleinetako,
If you don't mind my asking, what set up did you get (ie. which hubs and how many spokes?). Can you tell me if you feel they are stiff or flexy when standing/sprinting (for your weight?), and whether you think the wider rims (with a bit lower pressure) smooth the ride out a bit (not sure if you have experience with other narrow carbon rims)?
Thanks,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 14
trillo1111 wrote:
Kleinetako,
If you don't mind my asking, what set up did you get (ie. which hubs and how many spokes?). Can you tell me if you feel they are stiff or flexy when standing/sprinting (for your weight?), and whether you think the wider rims (with a bit lower pressure) smooth the ride out a bit (not sure if you have experience with other narrow carbon rims)?
Thanks,


I wrote up the whole thing over on RBR, but the short version:
23mm wide x 38mm "cyclocross" rims
No spoke holes in the rim bed (extra $20, but worth it for tubeless)
EDHub Hubs
Sapim CX Ray (Standard count for Farsports)

Total weight was in the ballpark of 1340g. Built up with Hutchinson Intensive Tubeless which were almost impossible to get on. But with sealant, they sealed right up and run great at 85-90 psi.

Thanks to the weather I've only gotten them outside once, but they were smooth. I'm a lightweight (160lbs) and no sprinter, so I can't speak for stiff/flexy. Ride was similar to my Ultegra Tubeless, but it was only a short one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 am
Posts: 267
did you do the build? I am maybe a little naive, but i personally haven't seen an un-drilled rim bed like that before and i imagine it would take some sort of tricky "magnets and wires" arrangement to lace the sucker up. interested to hear how it was done...

cool idea though, i'm tempted by it...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 14
Magnets and string actually. :D

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/wheels-tires/ebay-chinese-direct-carbon-wheel-thread-2-0-a-241788-107.html#post4219604

These were a factory build. Cost $20 extra to cover the additional labor.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:51 am
Posts: 1714
Its a similar method to how Fulcrum builds the Racing Zero's.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:58 am
Posts: 267
awesome, thanks guys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:20 am
Posts: 1
I've got to admit to being pretty interested in The new rim shape. I'm curious if anyo e has ridden the newest U shaped offerings, especially the ones with the alloy brake track. They seem to be a pretty amazing weight for what they are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:29 am
Posts: 340
kleinetako wrote:
I have the 38 x 23 rims. They were sold as the "cyclocross" rims. Not sure if the clinchers were ever put on the site.

I don't have a lot of miles on them yet thanks to the weather, but they are awesome.

Hi kleinetako, are you able to provide a link for these ... thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:29 am
Posts: 340
Does anybody know the link for the wheels with cyclocross 23W 38D rims as mentioned by kleinetako ... thanks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:23 pm
Posts: 14
Just email kyle and they can build them for you. As far as I know there's no link.

I dealt with Farsports through email.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:09 pm
Posts: 713
teleguy57 wrote:
Kylefoo, any estimated availability date for a 38mm tubular in the new profile or a 50mm tubular? Of course, what I'd really like is something in the 42-45mm depth range.... like the new Boyd 44 http://www.boydcycling.com/2013-product-revamp/ :)


You know, I like Boyd, had some of their wheels in the past. But I have to be honest. Why am I spending $1400+ on a pair of wheels that mimmick the big names, and for a few hundred bucks more and patience, you can get a big name wheel brand and technology?

I picked u my Firecrest 303 Tubies for $1700 to my door shipped with brand new Vittoria cx320tpi corsa tires.

Makes no sense to me personally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:42 am
Posts: 34
kylefoo wrote:
teleguy57 wrote:
Kylefoo, any estimated availability date for a 38mm tubular in the new profile or a 50mm tubular? Of course, what I'd really like is something in the 42-45mm depth range.... like the new Boyd 44 http://www.boydcycling.com/2013-product-revamp/ :)


Teleguy, so far we have 50mm tubular 24mm width, "U" shape, Will send you section drawing by email. 38mm tubular may be will in our business line in the future.


How much do these 24mm wide tub rims weigh? Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:18 am 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:22 am
Posts: 86
Location: N96 Road jingquan, Jimei District, Xiamen city, China
gjash wrote:
kylefoo wrote:
teleguy57 wrote:
Kylefoo, any estimated availability date for a 38mm tubular in the new profile or a 50mm tubular? Of course, what I'd really like is something in the 42-45mm depth range.... like the new Boyd 44 http://www.boydcycling.com/2013-product-revamp/ :)


Teleguy, so far we have 50mm tubular 24mm width, "U" shape, Will send you section drawing by email. 38mm tubular may be will in our business line in the future.


How much do these 24mm wide tub rims weigh? Thanks!


Gjash, 50mm*24mm width, tubular, 410g/pc +/-15g.
50mm*24mm width, clincher, 500g/pc +/-15g.

_________________
Far Sport carbon wheels
sales2(at)farsports.cn
Our Ebay on-line store( fse-wheels )
http://stores.ebay.com/fse-wheels


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 977 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 66  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CarlosFerreiro, Edd, Google Adsense [Bot], jo.k, maxima, rmerka and 40 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Kuota Kom Air-Experiences?

in Road

Krull

2

841

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:18 pm

maurice View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Compass Tires. Any experiences?

in Road

whydobearsxplod

0

234

Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 am

whydobearsxplod View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Balestra and Rocket 7 shoe experiences

in Road

Lucas1234

10

887

Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:59 pm

CharlesM View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized shoe repair experiences

in Road

dgasmd

14

1292

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:11 am

dgasmd View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Experiences with Selle Italia Optima Teknologika

in Road

Alreadyhadone

2

440

Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:31 am

Valbrona View the latest post


It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB