NEW PROJECT - 2012 CANNONDALE supersix project - help please

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I've had a look at that one - looks great but it seems to be hit or miss. Some posters here have had success with it, others not.

What I'm really looking for is this:

download/file.php?id=51267&mode=view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So far I have not seen them for sale yet, but I think it is just a matter of time.

Thanks for the link tho!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

where are you finding that one? how much is it not on sale?

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I keep checking Cannondale Experts. They told me hey have tried to order some but have not gotten a date from Cannondale yet.

I keep checking this page:

http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Headsets_c_64.html

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I got some updated picts after getting my xmas gifts...

-Ritchey superlogic UD carbon bars
-Ritchey superlogic UD carbon Zero degree
-Ritchey C260 wet black stem
-KCNC Ti skewers
-Aerozine seat post clamp
-bottle cage Ti bolts
-Aerozine chainring bolts
-Fizik gloss black bar tape
-white Rear wheel bike stand

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Hi everyone. Sorry I've been away from my own post!

I liked the hope head doctor idea. So I got one. But the insert that goes into the fork is too big!

I also managed to buy some 2nd hand hollowgrams only to find they are 170 length when I me 175!

So my weight drop on the super six has ground to a halt.

Excellent work on the bike above!!! Lovely pictures.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Oh and I was asked how I was getting on with the dura ace 7900 / SRAM force / zero gravity mix?

Well just fine. I've been informed by many ww members that make of front mech is nor important as they all have the same pull-cable-ratio. It is also well understood that the SRAM red front mech is way to flexy and many TDF riders use a force one for better shifting. A dura ace is a better alternative. I did really want a campy full carbon one purely on looks but it didn't happen.

To all you guys stuck on ultegra due to cost. A switch to a 7900 front mech is a very simple way to drop a fair chunk of weight, not effect the overall look of the bike if that's important, and be a very cost effective move. I sold my 105 front mech for more than half what I paid for the 7900 one.

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

Had the same issue with the Hope. Bought a caliper today... :-)

Also, the ControlTech cone spacer was also a bit too small. The original is 50mm, the ControlTech is about 46mm I think. I installed it but it looked way out of place, so the old one is back. If anyone finds a decent 50mm cone spacer, please post.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

runningrunningjump wrote:Oh and I was asked how I was getting on with the dura ace 7900 / SRAM force / zero gravity mix?

Well just fine. I've been informed by many ww members that make of front mech is nor important as they all have the same pull-cable-ratio. It is also well understood that the SRAM red front mech is way to flexy and many TDF riders use a force one for better shifting. A dura ace is a better alternative. I did really want a campy full carbon one purely on looks but it didn't happen.

To all you guys stuck on ultegra due to cost. A switch to a 7900 front mech is a very simple way to drop a fair chunk of weight, not effect the overall look of the bike if that's important, and be a very cost effective move. I sold my 105 front mech for more than half what I paid for the 7900 one.

thanks for the comments on my bike above. Still trying to make baby steps on dropping that weight. I just ordered lighter tires and got ultra light tubes. Also cut off about 4 inches from seat post so I'm hoping to see that weight come down a little.

When you say "7900 front mech" are you referring to brake calipers? I have 6600 ultegra brake calipers on mine and was really contimplating going to DA 7900 but wasn't sure it was going to be worth the cost. Is that what you were talking about?

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

Bianchi10 wrote:When you say "7900 front mech" are you referring to brake calipers? I have 6600 ultegra brake calipers on mine and was really contimplating going to DA 7900 but wasn't sure it was going to be worth the cost. Is that what you were talking about?

Front derailleur.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Yeah I was talking about front mech only as its an easy swap. Very low cost.

Obviously you can see from my photos there is a lot of weight to come from changing brakes!

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

Direct words from service department at hope technology. Regards hope head doctor use with carbon road forks:

Hi, yes, unfortunately the head doctor isn’t designed for carbon steerers. Sorry about that.

runningrunningjump

by runningrunningjump

New upgrades that have just arrived:

12-25 dura ace 7900 cassette to replace the ultegra one (est. -30g) ill take pics and post of course.

The fsa expander is back in the fork as the hope head doctor didn't work out. But I'm still looking into the whole headset top cap/ spacers/ expander area as there must be at leat -50g to be found there!

I must say, I am running out of ideas, so please any good ones. You'll need to go back a good few pages to see my bike (the first one in this tread).

I could go to a kcnc stem which in a 100mm should be 109g vs 120g for the ritchey wcs. Also I could go for the kcnc pro 8000 ti seatpost which would save about -15g but this does not have any layback, so I'm not sure I'd be able to achieve the same position....

I could go from look keo carbon, to look keo carbon ti Iorn Man which would be about -20g.

Any brighter ideas??? And no I'm not brave enough to carbo lift the frame and fork..... :D

paradawt

by paradawt

Don't touch in stem and seatpost. They look nice in this build.

Why don't you think in pedals and cables?

For example, Speedplay Zero titanium and mini ilink alligator cable kit.
Berria Belador 7

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I have a couple ideas that will help you drop some weight...

First, I was reading a couple pages back and you entered that your SLK Light crankset weighed in at 590g if I'm not mistaken. They aren't. They are generally around 730g.

That being said, you should look into SL hollowgrams. I know this is an expensive upgrade, BUT I just bought a set of SL hollowgrams that come with both compact and standard spiders and chainrings in great shape for $500. I sold my SLK light cranks for $225 which essentially cuts the cost in half and is even cheaper than you getting a DA cassette!

The new cDale expander plug weighs 13g with top cap! I got mine through cannondale experts for $30.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110760&p=954509&hilit=expander+plug#p954509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheap chinese carbon cages weigh 19g each for $10 each which is stupid cheap. They are very nice. They grip the bottle firmly without making it difficult to pull out. They are an exact replica of the zipp bottle cages.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-Fibre-Cy ... 3a74e5b74a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ritchey C260 (Not the new 2013 c260)
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/23632- ... zmap=23632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
comes in at 103g. I have it. the only downfall is the install. you have to take off the bartape AND a lever to slide it up from the bar end and twist it to get it on. It was a very tight fit with my superlogic bars (I know you have those also). at one point I got it stuck on the corner and didn't think it was going to fit, but you just have to find the right angle to slide it on.

If you like your saddle then I would hate to recommend a different one because a saddle that works......works. but as you know there are several lighter options.

I bought some veloplugs and even though they are a pain in the butt to install, they are really cheap, they work and they shave about 30g.

I bought these exustar PPR200 ti pedals from this seller and they are fantastic. 88g per pedal. he had an OBO like this one and i got them for $175 FREE shipping. Thing that is great about these is they are compatible with look keo cleats. firm engagement and very solid.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Exustar-E-P ... 337443342b" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

your zero gravity brakes come in at 230. I bought planet x calipers for $109 and they weighed 193g. I dont know how your ZG brakes feel, but my PX brakes feel just as solid as my ultegra calipers i was using prior.

instead of KCNC chainring bolts, I would recommend aerozine bolts. They are lighter and use allen wrench to install instead of that stupid tool or t20. (I think KCNC uses that bolt, not 100% sure)

New cables for sure. If nothing else, I prefer black cables instead of that white.

Hope that helps a little bit. those are a few ideas.

After putting my Hollowgrams on (installing this weekend), by the numbers I should be down to 14.78lbs with my supersix :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com