Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

morrisond

by morrisond

What's the best guess on Availability of the Internal Battery and front charging harness?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morrisond

by morrisond

Does anyone know if the 3 port or 5 Port Harness will fit in this stem?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... 012-35155/

Supposedly it was designed for it - It would make it very tidy - especially if you route the cable through your steerer tube into your Downtube...

n1klass

by n1klass

morrisond wrote:What's the best guess on Availability of the Internal Battery and front charging harness?

It's available in Sweden already.

Steno

by Steno

Now I am not as smart as some... :oops:

With regards to 11speed and Zipp, I see that they offer a service to "upgrade" from 2012 versions and not prior.

Does this mean that you can not use a new hub, say DT Swiss 240 11speed with Zipp non firecrest wheels? :noidea:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Their upgrade refers to a Freehub, axle, and endcap, to adapt their 2012 hub to Shimano 11speed. It has no relevance to other hubs and their use on any rim. so if you wanted to lace up a rim, Zipp or otherwise, to an 11speed hub, go right ahead.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

http://www.shiftinggears.be/

This Belgian bikeshop announced on their FB page they had stock of Dura-Ace DI2 11spd

NCBikeGuy

by NCBikeGuy

Cannondale is starting to get their Dura Ace di2 gruppos in. My LBS finally got word that my 52cm Evo HiMod is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by FedEx ground. It's been on order since August, 2012.

I just might take a vacation day tomorrow... :beerchug:

Charlotte, NC, BTW

FWIW
My rides:
2006 Look 555 Ultegra
2006 Felt B2 Dura Ace
2013 Cannondale Evo HiMod Dura Ace di2

RobH

by RobH

NCBikeGuy wrote:Cannondale is starting to get their Dura Ace di2 gruppos in. My LBS finally got word that my 52cm Evo HiMod is scheduled for delivery tomorrow by FedEx ground. It's been on order since August, 2012.

I just might take a vacation day tomorrow... :beerchug:

Charlotte, NC, BTW

FWIW

I hope mine is on its way to Australia soon! I've had EVO Di2 on order since September
Rides Cannondale System 6
Cannondale Capo
Masi Speciale (city bike)
2013 Cannondale EVO Di2 on order

Laurens

by Laurens

I started using my new Fondriest TF2 1.0 that I built up with DA 9000 (yes, mechanical) and it's awesome! By far the best I've ever used and the groupset operates so effortlessly and smoothly it's amazing. Admittedly I've never tried but I can't see why I would pay an extra grand to have motors take that 'effort' away.
I believe people who say how you would never go back but it's not worth the extra cash to me. Plus I'm old school (Old's Cool) in that I like the romantic notion of having one thing still working without electricity, chargers and batteries.
Just my $0.02, other opinions respected!

NCBikeGuy

by NCBikeGuy

Laurens wrote:I started using my new Fondriest TF2 1.0 that I built up with DA 9000 (yes, mechanical) and it's awesome! By far the best I've ever used and the groupset operates so effortlessly and smoothly it's amazing. Admittedly I've never tried but I can't see why I would pay an extra grand to have motors take that 'effort' away.
I believe people who say how you would never go back but it's not worth the extra cash to me. Plus I'm old school (Old's Cool) in that I like the romantic notion of having one thing still working without electricity, chargers and batteries.
Just my $0.02, other opinions respected!

Actually, I feel the same way as you. My original preference was to stick with the mechanical system. I didn't like the battery sticking out of the down tube and the whole idea of it just seemed like adding unnecessary complexity. However, a guy I ride with had the DA di2 7000 series and said he just loved it. Of course, he would probably feel the same way about the new DA 9000 mechanical gruppo. Anyway, I really wanted the Evo, but I just couldn't warm up to the white, black, & gold paint on the mechanical DA equipped bike. I LOVED the black/red paint on the di2 bike AND it had a battery hidden in the seat post. Ugh. About $3,000 more! Finally, the LBS owner is a friend and he and I talked about it. He said he would 'make me a deal' because he really wanted to get one or two out on the road in our area. We came together on an acceptable price and I decided to go ahead with it. It has been a long wait, but I was unable to ride for about 12 weeks due to a fractured ankle suffered on what was supposed to be an easy Sunday morning recovery ride and that significantly diminished any impatience I might have had.

Now, with my fitness at a multi year low as a result of three months without riding, I don't want to be 'that guy' that shows up for the group rides with the $11,000+ super bike that keeps falling off of the back. Looks like I will be doing a lot of solo rides for the next couple of months!
My rides:
2006 Look 555 Ultegra
2006 Felt B2 Dura Ace
2013 Cannondale Evo HiMod Dura Ace di2

Ghost234

by Ghost234

The new Dura ace 9000 SRM is available as a build option for Trek's project one. I checked the estimated delivery date and it was saying 24 days.

skinnywellfed

by skinnywellfed

Tinea Pedis wrote:Just off a Guerciotti with 9000.

Holy cow, it is nice!

Never thought I would say that about Shimano...

Now, to test a Campag 11 wheel in it. Then the Mavic wheel on my Campag bike :D

Have you logged some mile with these different combinations?

KWalker

by KWalker

Ghost234 wrote:The new Dura ace 9000 SRM is available as a build option for Trek's project one. I checked the estimated delivery date and it was saying 24 days.

SRM has these shipping in April so I wouldn't hold your breath
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

bJay

by bJay

Shimano 9070 groups landed at my LBS on Monday. Have been riding it on my replacement bike since Friday. Seems like the flow of groupsets should be fairly constant now. Adelaide isn't normally the first to get things like this (though our local shimano rep is very good).

B
a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in lycra

Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
Albert Einstein

tcurtbike
Best Freak bike poster

by tcurtbike

Pics?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com