Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

So is wavy an Italian thing?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

dustbin

by dustbin

@prendrefeu:
I think so... but I like it, so no worries there. I would say it isn't quite as wavy as a Pina though...

@ Macktastik Honey Pete Kicks:
I've seen 2 here in the states... which I feel is a lot!!

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! It's gonna be HARD waiting to ride it.... I'll be sure and update with more pics and a detailed ride report as soon as I do!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Looks pretty cool, i like the colors.
How about the chainstays near the BB, looks pretty narrow. What is the max tire width you can run on these ?

Oh.. and I saw a strat there too :wink:

dustbin

by dustbin

@ Strobbekoen:

Sorry for the much delayed reply. I haven't had internet for a while and getting in the groove of starting the fall semester.
I measured the space between the chain stays and it is about 3.8cm. This is actually a little wider than my Cannondale R500 (about 3.5cm).

Also, Formigli will have a booth at Interbike coming up. There will be an Asiel RF, a Genesi, and the debut of two women's specific models (versions of the Genesi and Classic). I will not be there, but if you are be sure and stop by the booth to say hello!

ferrarista

by ferrarista

would be nice to know the weight of the frame and fork.

this is weightweenies afterall lol

very nice frameset by the way!
██

dustbin

by dustbin

Thanks for the compliment!
I am going to get a weight on the bare frame, fork, and seatclamp mech. Also will weigh it w/ headset installed as well. I don't have a scale (I know, I know!) but am going to have it weighed at the shop when I have the headset installed and seatpost cut when I get it built up! So don't fret!!! I promise to post up weights!

dustbin

by dustbin

Okay!!! Been riding the bike for about a week now. Fit was delayed a little bit... so sorry for the delay.

Frame weight: 1310g (w/ uncut seatmast)
Fork weight: 350g (w/uncut steerer)

I couldn't say enough things about this bike. I love everything about it. It feels fantastic in the climbs, incredibly stable and responsive to accelerations, in descents, and hard corners, and just feels incredibly solid. The fit is also spot on, which is something I haven't enjoyed with another bike. It is an incredibly stiff and responsive ride, but also one of the smoothest I've experienced. Rough roads and bumps are almost unnoticeable... especially compared to my Cannondale (alu). Ride quality is fantastic.

Here's some pics!

I haven't gotten a weight on the full build yet... I just have the training wheel set right now and plan on picking up a new race set this winter sometime. I also left a bit of the steerer to adjust for fit, but am definitely leaving it where it is shown... so I just have to get some time to cut the bugger.

wcntan80

by wcntan80

Beautiful color! Congrats!

marcusp

by marcusp

Very nice job.
"When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."
Josh Billings

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

nice to see something NOT white/black/red, black/red/white, white/red, black/red, black/white, white/black.
fresh and clean looking. enjoy...

Robroyski

by Robroyski

Very nice!!!

Have fun with it.

dustbin

by dustbin

Thanks for the complimentary replies everyone! I really appreciate them. :beerchug:

I've done some updating (no WW'ing or anything) so I'll be sure to post up with the new crank, powertap, slammed stem/chopped steerer.

old_fat_and_slow

by old_fat_and_slow

Looks really nice.

I think the "old school" cranks kind of detracts from the overall package, though.

Black calipers might look better also.

Enjoy your new sled, and post some "update" pics when you get a chance.

derosa2000

by derosa2000

Here is team Firenze Petroli 2011 machine Asiel RF before the start . Tested recently team's 2012 version with Red for 2 weeks which was one season ridden, was a bit sceptical but wow .. that was surprise .. (last two years I am on LOOK 595)
Attachments
formigli rf.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgt

by kgt

old_fat_and_slow wrote:I think the "old school" cranks kind of detracts from the overall package, though. Black calipers might look better also.

+1