My SUPERSIX project THAT BLEW my budget (update 6-10-15)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

fposse

by fposse

Great looking bike. I'm also building a bike on a budget and with very similiar componentry, lots of 'crabon' and chinesese TI-products. Actually just ordered a pair of those brakes in gunmetal moments before finding this thread. Great to see some detailed shots of them and hear they're not actually worthless. Can't wait for spring! Still a feet of snow here and we're just halfway into the winter months (Sweden). /F

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Just bought some veloplugs. Hope they get here by weeks end so i can install my new ultra light tubes new tires!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KH1

by KH1

Noice! Great work there fella. It looks like a really nice package.
Don't let the truth get in the way of good story...
2023 Propel Advanced SL (Growing in the Petrie dish)
2022 Trance Advanced Pro 1
2021 Revolt Advanced 1
2020 TCR Advanced SL 0 (Dead)
2019 Fathom 1 29er
2017 TCR Advanced Pro 0

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

What kind of cables should I look at that not only are light but will shift smoothly and perform well? I don't want to compromise performance for weight so if I can get recommendations on what will fit the bill that would be great. I hear powercords do not work well with planet x brakes?

SDP

by SDP

2 bikes with ilinks & px brakes...spot on..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Edited....
Last edited by Bianchi10 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

I'm sure a lot of you have already seen this, but I hadn't untill a couple weeks ago. I had an FSA garmin mount for a while now. It worked great, but looked bulky and was heavy as hell. I wasn't dissatisfied with it, but when i came across this fliploc on this site I was intrigued. It is STUPID light, weighing 10g! It feels very secure and does not vibrate. Does not need a garmin mount with bands since it is built into the piece. I like the looks of this one and has a nice short compact reach. This is the STD fliploc and appears to be the last one they have that fits only the 200/500 garmin. It has been replace with the STD-X which now fits the 800. This means it has a slightly longer reach to fit the larger 800. I REALLY wanted the original to keep it short and compact but they said that it had been replaced and no longer made the STD. About a week later they contacted me and said they had one sent back from customs and I could buy it if i wanted. It was $30 which was more than I really wanted to spend but now after getting it and having it in hand, I can tell you that it is very nice.

Here is his website in case you are interested:
http://www.designcycles.net/products.htm

paradawt

by paradawt

Hello,

I painted my fliploc because don't like the original surface touch, and to better combine bike color.

What do you think about it?
Berria Belador 7

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

The texture doesn't bother me. You have a pict of yours painted? I cant picture how it would look painted since it has a slight texture.

paradawt

by paradawt

Berria Belador 7

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

You guys weren't freaking kidding when you said the veloplugs were painful on your fingers!!! my fingers are in so much pain right now and thats with using the end of a 13mm wrench to push it in. I used my fingers to get it in the hole half way and then the wrench end to get it in flush. That took way longer than I wanted.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Got the new cannondale expander plug in today. Weighs 13g. Was ready to purchase the kozak-soul top cap but then figured it wasn't worth the extra 3g or so it would save me right now. maybe later.

paradawt

by paradawt

Where do you buy it?
Berria Belador 7

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Veloplugs-eBay
Expander-cannondaleexperts.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com