Help me to calc stack and reach for a Scott Cr1 -08 frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tri

by tri

Hello I'm thinking about upgrading my bike with a new frame, and been reading and found out that stack and reach is the best information to have when looking for new frame candidates. I currently own a Scott Cr1 2008 model in size XXL (virtual 61cm).

The original geometry spec doesn't tell Stack and reach. But I've found this page: http://bb2stem.blogspot.se which can help you to calculate the values. But I'm missing some numbers. Could someone help med get the correct numbers for the frame?

The geo specs:
Last edited by tri on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

js

by js

A fellow Weenie posted this one a while ago, and I've been using it with success ever since:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=94384&hilit=calculator

tri

by tri

That's the very same page that I was referring to, and what I'm having trouble to fit all the values into. To get the "correct" result out of. Namely the measurements named:

BB DROP
FORK LENGTH
FORK RAKE

In the spread sheet.

JN2Wheels

by JN2Wheels

If you currently own the frame in question, measure it. Place it with the front wheel against a hard vertical surface, steered straight. Take two measurements, one from the head tube top and center to the wall, and the second from the center of the bb to the floor. Now measure from the wall to the bb center. Subtract the headtube to wall figure and that leaves reach. Next measure from headtube center top to the floor. Subtract bb center to floor figure and that leaves stack. Done. The more accurate you are with your centers, the better your figures will compare to published numbers.

russianbear

by russianbear

If you get the numbers will you post them here? I have the same frame and size, but forgot my tape measure several hours away..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cyclenutnz

by cyclenutnz

This is what I have in my database
blue values are calculated
red numbers are assumed
I note that I'd entered 380 as the fork length for the next generation of CR1 and I think that may be a better figure for the original as I don't recall the fork changing.
Attachments
CR1.JPG