Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Barf city!!
Press release: UCI ’s response to the Lance Armstrong interview with Oprah Winfrey wrote:The UCI welcomes Lance Armstrong’s decision finally to come clean and to confess to using performance enhancing drugs, in the first part of his interview with Oprah Winfrey.

UCI President Pat McQuaid said: “Lance Armstrong’s decision finally to confront his past is an important step forward on the long road to repairing the damage that has been caused to cycling and to restoring confidence in the sport.

“Lance Armstrong has confirmed there was no collusion or conspiracy between the UCI and Lance Armstrong. There were no positive tests which were covered up and he has confirmed that the donations made to the UCI were to assist in the fight against doping.

“It was disturbing to watch him describe a litany of offences including among others doping throughout his career, leading a team that doped, bullying, consistently lying to everyone and producing a backdated medical prescription to justify a test result.

“However, Lance Armstrong also rightly said that cycling is a completely different sport today than it was 10 years ago. In particular the UCI's introduction of the biological passport in 2008 – the first sports federation to do so - has made a real difference in the fight against doping.

“Finally, we note that Lance Armstrong expressed a wish to participate in a truth and reconciliation process, which we would welcome.”

Translation: Verbruggen and McQuaid were sweating bullets that Armstrong was going to rat them out, but thankfully, Armstrong confirmed Verbruggen and McQuaid's lies, and therefore Armstrong was deemed to have "come clean". I'm sure Verbruggen and McQuaid will welcome Armstrong's participation in a a truth and reconciliation process, as long as he tells the "truth" as they would like it to be.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Did Armstrong no tell the truth about the UCI, because he expects that they can give him something in exchange?
Can they alone change his punishment, without USADA? I yes, then I understand why he didnt tell. If no, the I dont.

But I think, he will tell, IF USADA says that they will lift his ban if he gives them info on UCI.

Edit: Who actually has more power when giving punishment, UCI or USADA?

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

$$$$$$$, that's always the answer.

edesigner

by edesigner

majklnajt wrote:Did Armstrong no tell the truth about the UCI, because he expects that they can give him something in exchange?
Can they alone change his punishment, without USADA? I yes, then I understand why he didnt tell. If no, the I dont.

But I think, he will tell, IF USADA says that they will lift his ban if he gives them info on UCI.

Edit: Who actually has more power when giving punishment, UCI or USADA?

You can see he's jonesing to compete again. Yep I think he's holding out for that deal to lift the ban.

swinter

by swinter

HammerTime2 wrote:Sorry swinter and DJ, you're wrong about the doping in 2009-2010. We now know that Lance did not dope or use blood transfusions in 2009-2010 because he promised his ex-wife Kristin he wouldn't, and he wouldn't break that promise.

:thumbup:
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

OJ

by OJ

Had to take a shower after watching that interview.
http://demarere.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

swinter

by swinter

HT2, yes. I think you've called that right.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

joestralia

by joestralia

Lance managed to put in a Fat Joke in there. Was it intended for Oprah? There was a segment when they were discussing Betsy and all the name calling he did onto her. Then he said "but I never called her fat". Oprah appeared speechless at that moment while Lance had a smirk.

Cronulla

by Cronulla

Not one question about Johan B`s involvement. :shock:

markyboy

by markyboy

Hi guys,
Can someone put a link up of part 2 as i cant find it in the uk :beerchug:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

airwise

by airwise

Pointless Lance Armstrong campaign video.

Thursday - the fall from grace

Friday - the remorse, the tears and the plea for clemency.

Bollox

Haul his ass up in front of a federal jury please. And whilst you are at it, demand that Birotte and Novitsky give evidence under oath as to why they closed the feds investigation in the face of SO much damning evidence.

Without legal proceedings and evidence under oath, the last two nights have been nothing other than cold calculated propaganda.

Cronulla

by Cronulla

airwise wrote:Pointless Lance Armstrong campaign video.

Thursday - the fall from grace

Friday - the remorse, the tears and the plea for clemency.

Bollox

Haul his ass up in front of a federal jury please. And whilst you are at it, demand that Birotte and Novitsky give evidence under oath as to why they closed the feds investigation in the face of SO much damning evidence.

Without legal proceedings and evidence under oath, the last two nights have been nothing other than cold calculated propaganda.

:thumbup:

markyboy

by markyboy

I need a link to part 2 :beerchug:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

KB

by KB

I don't know why people bother; i'm not interested in what he says because he's hardly likely to dig a bigger hole for himself. The fact that he did it on Oprah immediately tells me that he's trying to garner some kind of sympathy vote. It's all about publicity and his overarching ego. If he was genuinely repentant he would go to the authorities and fess up.

The only one worth watching has been Betsy. Not one for turning the other cheek. Good on her for that.

Dozer

by Dozer

majklnajt wrote:Edit: Who actually has more power when giving punishment, UCI or USADA?

UCI. For example, the USADA could say they have evidence Wiggins is on the juice (in whatever form is undetectable now) and the UCI could say they don't believe he is. Unless the UCI says you're banned, you can ride in the TdF. USADA cannot ban a non-USA rider from any race outside the USA*

*my interpretation of the juristiction of each party. I'm not a lawyer or authority on the subject, just a casual observer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com