TREK REMEDY 9.9 OCLV "naked carbon" 11000g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

superlight84

by superlight84

Hi all

I'm new here this site was a big help, it helped me to decide to "strip" my carbon frame... I can tell you all it was hard :D. I made some pictures today, how my bike is looking now. The rear part is powder coated and as protection i used PlastiDip the upper part is polished aluminium... I also changed the DRCV rear shox for a normal RP23 Kashima CTD 2013 shox, made a titanium axle in blue, all titanium parts are blue anodized. The weight is now something above 11000g. Standard bike Trek remedy 9.9 2010 is without pedals 12.3kg... It's an ALLmountain bike so i think 11kg is a very good weight. Btw sorry for my english i'm from the slovak republic. I hope you will like my new bike :P. Yes and decals... i made some titanium decals they are made from 0.5mm thick titanium.. also blue anodized.. i will post some photos later...
Attachments
DSC_0558.jpg
DSC_0559.jpg
DSC_0565.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Looks like a prototype bike, very stealth. :thumbup:
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

DLEVETT

by DLEVETT

Nice job!
I,m presently seriously considering stripping my 2007 Trek Madone 5.9 SL. Actually I even tried using some very fine 600 grit
(I think) wet sandpaper on the underside of one of the chainstays to see how tough it really is.
When you say it was hard, what part are you referring too? and what did you use to strip it with?

thx
Dave

Zen Cyclery
Shop Owner

by Zen Cyclery

Ahh looks great. Now you just need some lighter wheels!

Drappo

by Drappo

Great job! :thumbup:
Alhoa

superlight84

by superlight84

Sry for this late answer.. :D I used grid 240 until the clear coat was removed then i took 400 for the colour then hole frame with 600 - 800 grid, of course all with waterproof sandpaper :P.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com