Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:28 pm
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
paradawt wrote:
More pics?

Looks so nice... Nice job!


Thanks! I'll try to get a few more uploaded


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
kamil1891 wrote:
This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)


:beerchug:


Top
   
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:48 am 


Top
   
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
HaroldC wrote:
Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)


Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 96
rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)


Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.


Thanks for the comparison! I just had my LBS check Specialized inventory and they're all out of the frame in 56...... Won't have any inventory until mid March. Trying to decide whether to wait or get a NOS S-Works Tarmac SL3.......


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

_________________
Specialized S-Works Tarmac Sagan WC Edition
Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc - Stealth
Specialized S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:25 am
Posts: 4773
Location: Canada
@rb4life, That is cold comfort. Too late now. She has already contacted a landscape architect. That is probably 40 or 50K in materials...

I wish the Venge had a 'pro' geometry size, too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:39 am
Posts: 558
Location: Belgium
Lovely bike!!
Another proof that alloy frames can be comfortable, light and nice looking.

_________________
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
Instagram @coureurdusoleil


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 450
MOAR photos! This bike is so lush. Really want one now!

_________________
Instagram
Instagram - Work
Alluminati - CAAD10


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:30 pm
Posts: 1
rb4life wrote:
kamil1891 wrote:
This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)


:beerchug:


Nice rig. I will be getting the Race frame soon to build. I am 6' with pretty long arms and was thinking a 56cm would be the right size. What are your dimensions that put you on the 56? Just trying to get an idea and make sure that 56cm is the right size for me as some frames fit different. I am currently on a 56cm CAAD 9 and like the fit. Thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 am
Posts: 36
Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
HaroldC wrote:
rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)


Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.


Thanks for the comparison! I just had my LBS check Specialized inventory and they're all out of the frame in 56...... Won't have any inventory until mid March. Trying to decide whether to wait or get a NOS S-Works Tarmac SL3.......


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


If you can swing the SL3 then that would be hard to beat. But this new Allez is really a great frame.. if the deal isn't that close to what you can get for the Allez and you want to save some $$$ then Allez is a better bet.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
tshimro wrote:
rb4life wrote:
kamil1891 wrote:
This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)


:beerchug:


Nice rig. I will be getting the Race frame soon to build. I am 6' with pretty long arms and was thinking a 56cm would be the right size. What are your dimensions that put you on the 56? Just trying to get an idea and make sure that 56cm is the right size for me as some frames fit different. I am currently on a 56cm CAAD 9 and like the fit. Thanks!


Yeah 56cm would be perfect for you. I'm 5'11''


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
thisisbenji wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?


Yeah it's a 31.8. What was a little strange was that it doesn't come with a braze on der (no drill holes in the seat tube) so I had to use a clamp on der with a braze on adapter


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:21 am
Posts: 96
rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)


Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.


Thanks for the comparison! I just had my LBS check Specialized inventory and they're all out of the frame in 56...... Won't have any inventory until mid March. Trying to decide whether to wait or get a NOS S-Works Tarmac SL3.......


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


If you can swing the SL3 then that would be hard to beat. But this new Allez is really a great frame.. if the deal isn't that close to what you can get for the Allez and you want to save some $$$ then Allez is a better bet.


I originally wanted the SL3, but as a crit bike the Allez makes more sense. My LBS just let me know that my E5 Allez frame just came in today! Time to start building it! I'll post a new thread when I start building it.

_________________
Specialized S-Works Tarmac Sagan WC Edition
Specialized S-Works Tarmac Disc - Stealth
Specialized S-Works Venge Cavendish Edition


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 am
Posts: 36
rb4life wrote:
thisisbenji wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?


Yeah it's a 31.8. What was a little strange was that it doesn't come with a braze on der (no drill holes in the seat tube) so I had to use a clamp on der with a braze on adapter


That's what it looked like to me. I wasn't sure though because I'm pretty sure last years, or at least the 2011 had a braze-on. Also my Crux is braze-on, so I thought this one would be too.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:44 am
Posts: 34
DartanianX wrote:
MOAR photos! This bike is so lush. Really want one now!


You'd love it! I have the Ksyrium SLR's coming in soon so I'll post more when they come.


Top
   
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:33 pm 


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 Specialized Allez Headset

in Road

JamesGRC

0

24

Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:32 pm

JamesGRC View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized Allez Race crank installation.

in Road

Sambo1967

4

621

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:50 pm

CrankAddictsRich View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Specialized Allez

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

ghyselinckr

0

778

Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:53 pm

ghyselinckr View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Upgrading A Specialized Allez

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 ]

in Road

JamesGRC

35

2703

Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:43 pm

Frankie - B View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Anthony's Gold Smartweld Allez Race

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

CrankAddictsRich

4

1559

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:07 pm

CrankAddictsRich View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 9734344, Delorre, DJT21, PedroS and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited