Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

I'm in no position to offer a psychiatric opinion, but the word "sociopath" kept running through my mind as I watched. He said it himself - "win at all costs".

"Sociopaths are incapable of feeling shame, guilt or remorse. Their brains simply lack the circuitry to process such emotions. This allows them to betray people, threaten people or harm people without giving it a second thought. They pursue any action that serves their own self interest even if it seriously harms others."

"Sociopaths seek to dominate others and "win" at all costs. They hate to lose any argument or fight and will viciously defend their web of lies, even to the point of logical absurdity."

http://www.naturalnews.com/036112_socio ... z2IKeitdZn" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, I'll let the people with lots of letters at the end of their names comment, but I thought it was interesting...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elviento

by elviento

I am disappointed that he didn't fully come clean, but given the position he was in, it may not have done him much good if he dragged more people down. He is trying to save himself from total destruction so he needs to get whatever support he could, UCI being one of the possible supporters.

On the sociopath topic, it's sad that the public craves for a hero story so it often takes the most manipulative and conniving person to build that image, as a truthful person cannot possible meet such high expectations. So in a way, the public asked for this. If you ever brought up the possibility of LA doping a few years ago, the average American would literally turn on you.

BTW, a bit OT, but what's w/ Floyd's spacers?
Attachments
Landis.JPG
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

sawyer

by sawyer

airwise wrote:Still lying

Still trying to cheat the system

Still thinking somehow he is cleverer than mere mortals.

Disgrace to his country.

That is a quite nice summary airwise!

LOL at the defence that it wasn't the biggest doping case in sport ... smaller than the East German programme in the 70s and 80s. I mean really? Your cheating was less in scale than a decades long programme sponsored by a totalitarian state that used to shoot people for trying to leave the country?

A real "who has the best smelling farts" type discussion if ever there was one.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

HillRPete

by HillRPete

mec287 wrote:I can't see anyone rocking up to cheer him on, can you?

Wouldn't bet against it. If there's one thing the media loves more than heros, it's fallen, repentant heros, who are coming back (regardless of how genuine the repentant part actually is).

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

trychle wrote:I heared a rumour somewhere that he had a microphone in his ear so he could hear his lawyer.
No, it was Johan calling in instructions from the team car.

On a more serious note, Armstrong's timeline in the donation to the UCI does not add up.
At 3:20 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDvG-0tcTw
Armstrong: "They <UCI> called and said they didn't have a lot of money. I was retired, I had money. They said would you consider a donation? I said, sure."

It is reported that the donation was agreed to in 2002, but not actually made until 2005 (?). Note that Armstrong was not retired until after the 2005 TdF. At 3:00 he said no one would believe him on the UCI donation not being a payoff. I don't know if anyone believes him, but I don't.

sawyer

by sawyer

HammerTime2 wrote:
trychle wrote:I heared a rumour somewhere that he had a microphone in his ear so he could hear his lawyer.
No, it was Johan calling in instructions from the team car.

I had that thought too! Still reliving the "glory" years.

I wish he'd stood up, turned round and given Oprah the "look" just like old times.
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Isn't there part 2 still to come?
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

Greg Lemond's view of the interview.
Wall Street Journal article this morning wrote:Greg LeMond, the first American to win the Tour de France, has been a frequent target of Mr. Armstrong's attacks. In 2001, after he spoke out against Mr. Armstrong's relationship with Italian doctor Michele Ferrari, who has been accused of administering performance-enhancing drugs, Mr. LeMond believes Mr. Armstrong set out to ruin his reputation and business. "He set out for 10 years to destroy everything that I've done," he said. "I want to believe there's a human side to him. But tonight, I didn't see it at all."

Mr. LeMond, who wasn't discussed at length in the interview, said Mr. Armstrong evaded details on the show. "He's still trying to take control like he's the master of the universe. He still believes he has this charismatic engaging personality," Mr. LeMond said.

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

So what is left to discuss tonight?

gs15step

by gs15step

29ers

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

lordconqueror wrote:So what is left to discuss tonight?
Here's what's left to discuss tonight http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-armstrong-one.html - as of now, playing teaser for part two of the interview.

The picture he tweeted just laying around with his framed yellow jerseys - was it just him being his cocky, arrogant, jerk self?
    Loss of sponsors {let's get out the violin for his losing 75 million dollars from Nike}.
    Getting "fired" by Livestrong.
    His children.
    His devoted mother - she's a wreck.
    What's next for Lance Armstrong?
    What does he say to the millions of people who are wearing Livestrong bracelets, to those millions of people who believed?

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

He just came across as the sociopath we all expected. I came away with the feeling he's just avoiding bringing Johan and the UCI down with him because they could land him in even more trouble.

Should have had Paxman interview him, then we'd have had it all.

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

HammerTime2 wrote:
lordconqueror wrote:So what is left to discuss tonight?
Here's what's left to discuss tonight http://www.oprah.com/own_tv/onc/lance-armstrong-one.html - as of now, playing teaser for part two of the interview.

Honestly, 29ers would be more interesting. "Oprah, let's talk about something really important - did you know that there is an effort afoot to change the wheel size used on mountain bikes?! It's outrageous!"

Elrey

by Elrey

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2

by HammerTime2

At long last, I've tracked down Thomas "Weasel" Weisel's father

I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing. Noth..ing.
http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/thomas-weisel-banker-behind-armstrong-says-he-was-unaware-of-doping/