From old Madone to C50

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

paddyrider

by paddyrider

Got a surprise Christmas present - NOS C50 57cm horizontal. Got some bits and hope to build it up soon with my 11 speed Record group set and 60mm carbon wheels.
Deda zero 100 stem (130mm) and Deda Zero bars. Prologo saddle.
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by paddyrider on Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:58 am, edited 7 times in total.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

:thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

paddyrider

by paddyrider

Funny thing is I'm doing the complete reverse to Majklnajt.... as he is going from a C50 to a Madone. I'm happy to take inspiration from his C50 project as that was a wonderful process of getting fit and style sorted - except I have a smaller frame to work with regarding more seat post showing. I do like a fairly "aggressive" saddle/handlebar drop and I hope I can make such a traditional frame look in proportion.

For a 57cm frame I have a 79cm saddle height.

I had my Madone since 2005 and still feel I am tuning it in - always had trouble riding it no hands and think one of the reasons is the funny seat tube offset - for a high seat height it puts the seat further back towards the back axle and it's taken me a while to get the seat further forward and get more weight over the front wheel. Amazing how much better a bike feels with a more centred centre of gravity!

majklnajt

by majklnajt

Thanks! :beerchug:
Looking forward to that one too! :thumbup:

erik$

by erik$

C50 with DA7800 crankset is always a winner :thumbup:

paddyrider

by paddyrider

ImageImageWell, I had all the new parts waiting for me when I got home from work so I didn't delay in building it up.

Sorry Erik - had the Campag group set transferred off my Madone, the 7800 cranks were just for setting up the fit.

Very happy with the build. Had a quick ride this afternoon and it feels quite different to the Madone - really notice the shallower head tube angle.
Last edited by paddyrider on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

paddyrider

by paddyrider

paddyrider

by paddyrider

kgt wrote:Really nice bikes both! :thumbup:

Thanks kgt, the Trek has served me well, but I've always wanted a Colnago, hope to one day have them both up and running. cant wait to put some miles on the C50 now and get tuned in with it, already I can see why this frame did so well in Paris-Roubaix, it has a lot more compliance than my Trek.

andyindo

by andyindo

I like this!
:up: :beerchug:

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

if i were you, i'd end up keeping the trek as a backup or winter bike. i'd do a new paintjob, custom all over, some nice parts (nothing too fancy/expensive), a plain riding machine. and then i'd probably be riding only the trek again! :noidea:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

dolophonic

by dolophonic

I like it.. nice one.

paddyrider

by paddyrider

Hehehe, Daddy Yo Yo that made me chuckle!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

irongatsby

by irongatsby

Nicely done Paddy. That's a really nice colorway. I think the bike will be perfect without the red nipples. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

paddyrider

by paddyrider

Thanks Iron, nipples will stay though, matches all the other red highlights which are quite subtle.