From 11S back to 10S.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Oops.....Silly me. I just didn't look at the right spot. On top of that the correct part states 10S in brackets right behind the part #.

@Bikerjulio: I can confirm that Campa did indeed edit their original 09 Sparepart list as they changed their policy on the availability of single spare part items. Someone must have seen big $$ signs in Vicenza.... :lol:

In fact, as I hinted at in my previous post, they must have realised that the mere availability of 10S Ultrashifters (full range or merely CE/VE or not) would potentially harm the market penetration of the new 11S line. Hence, etc. .etc....

Ciao, ;)
Last edited by fdegrove on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

yep, you reminded me. over on another forum me and C40 talked about how the online drawings suddenly changed in 2009.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Franklin

by Franklin

You are overthinking it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105602

Jtek is foolproof, almost certainly cheaper and easier to go back to 11 speed when needed.

DaveS

by DaveS

I have a copy of the early '09 Campy spare parts PDF that lists all of the individual parts numbers for the ultrashift levers. It didn't stay on the website for very long.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Franklin wrote:You are overthinking it:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=105602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jtek is foolproof, almost certainly cheaper and easier to go back to 11 speed when needed.

Thanks, Franklin.

The only problem is that by the time it arrives In Europe it will probably cost me as much as the Centaur body though. :(

Ciao, ;)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Ordering direct from http://jtekengineering.com/shiftmate.php and sending to Belgium will cost USD47.50 (39.50 for the shiftmate plus 8.00 shipping and handling to Belgium) via PayPal plus any fees/VAT/whatever you might get charged on your end.

Jtek Shiftmate Dealers outside US wrote:Belgium Liedekerke TS-Bikes +32(0)536828 34 http://www.ts-bikes.be
I don't know how that compares to price of a Centaur body.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

The J-tek solution is cheaper: 46 Euro versus 59 for the Centaur body.
Moreover I had completely forgotten about Stefan from TS Bikes importing these magical thingies.....

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.

Ciao, ;)

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

Of course, by the time you have worn out all your 10-speed cassettes etc, you may have worn out your nice 11-spd shifter :lol:

Although on a serious note, I haven't seen any comments yet on how well the current generation of shifters last, so maybe you'll be OK.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Although on a serious note, I haven't seen any comments yet on how well the current generation of shifters last, so maybe you'll be OK.

On paper they should last longer than the old Ergo-Power. Still it seems that Campa has an easy solution which only requires a miniscule amount of skill : buy a new body, put the levers and hood on and off you go. :o :wink:

By the time I run out of 10S cassettes and chains, Campa and the rest of the world will have moved on to 12S anyway... :mrgreen:

O, I'll be wearing out the RH Centaur 10S shifter anyhow, not that super bling SR one. :lol:

Ciao, ;)

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

An 11 speed RD has a slightly larger actuation ratio and will overshift just a bit, using the 10 speed shifter, but it shouldn't be a problem.

As far as I can tell the Centaur/Veloce rear derailleurs that belong the Powershift range of components are no other than 11S ready rear derries like the rest of 11S range.
At least going by the parts lists it would suggest that say a new style Centaur 10S rear derrie would function equally well in either a 10S or 11S configuration.

Am I missing something here?

Ciao, ;)