I am thinking about ordering the FSC50-CJ from Far Sports.
This is the new U-shaped 50mm tall and 24mm wide aero carbon rim that was introduced this year.
My proposed build for the rest of the components is below with my questions.
1) Rim: I have a posted a diagram that Mr. Hu of Farsports sent me - no questions there apart from weight.
2) Spoke holes: 20/24H Internal - I am assuming this means that there will be no spokes drilled through the clincher rim and thus allowing for tubless tires.
3) Hub: ED ceramic hub - does anyone have experiences with this hub or the Yuhub hub for straight pull spokes?
4) Spoke: Sapim CX-ray, black - if ED hub, I think they thread all of the spoke heads head in or head out but not alternating, correct?
5) Nipple: Sapim (SILS), black - no issue
6) Mounting Front wheel: 20 spokes radial - no issue
7) Mounting Rear wheel: 16 spokes drive side - 2X, 8 spokes non-drive side - radial - is the strongest spoke configuration? Can I assume that will be almost as strong as a 32 spoke rear wheel with 1:1 lacing since there will also be 16 spokes on the drive side?
The weight for this build is 1470g as opposed to 1330g for the 50mmx23mm V-shaped rim Cyclocross wheelset.
So, once again, if you all would be so kind, what do you think about the following questions:
1) Does anyone have experiences with the Yuhub hub for straight pull spokes? Would you recommend this hub over the ED hub for J-bend spokes?
2) For wheels built with the ED hub or equivalent with J-bend spokes, the spoke heads are all threaded head in or head out, correct? Has this been a problem?
3) Is the 2:1 16 spokes laced 2x on the drive side and 8 spokes laced radially recommended for an 8,9,10-speed Shimano/Sram wheelset?
Thanks for you help.