2013 Specialized

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

marcelflash

by marcelflash

It is riding very good, stiffer than my storck CD1.0. Only the headtube is on the tall end but with the slam my stem headsetcap and a microspacer underneath it is low enough for me. I weight my frame with only the headsetcups in the frame 1200 g. complete bike with everything on (computer etc.) 7.8kg
It is the old 7800 group and thomson 3t fizik parts. I still like the 7800 because of the shorter lever throw than of the 9000 mechanical.

WileEcoyote

by WileEcoyote

Just saw this, as I was thinking about this route for a race bike. I have nearly the same parts including a full 7800 group. I have different wheels though with Reynolds Assaults. I was thinking that closer to 16 pounds might be doable, but I guess not. Great looking bike though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tetonrider

by tetonrider

anyone hear anything about availability of 2013 s-works crank arms? word is the cranks have been updated, but the site still shows the 2012 version. it appears that many other items on the specialized site (bikes, shoes, etc.) are showing 2013 models.

does anyone have an inside line?

Hubert

by Hubert

Here's mine...

Turn down the suck knob.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Model?

Weight?

Details?

grid256

by grid256

anyone hear anything about availability of 2013 s-works crank arms? word is the cranks have been updated,

I don't know if they're re-designed, but they look somewhat different, at least on my 2013 shiv tt. I'd say beefier esp. towards the pedal. The Shiv tt now has removable extensions if anyone cares.

KWalker

by KWalker

I've been told new spindle material because they had so many problems with spindles breaking last year. Other than that I also heard a new FACT carbon and new graphics, but essentially the same shit.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

fogflip

by fogflip

marcelflash wrote:Image
It is riding very good, stiffer than my storck CD1.0. Only the headtube is on the tall end but with the slam my stem headsetcap and a microspacer underneath it is low enough for me. I weight my frame with only the headsetcups in the frame 1200 g. complete bike with everything on (computer etc.) 7.8kg
It is the old 7800 group and thomson 3t fizik parts. I still like the 7800 because of the shorter lever throw than of the 9000 mechanical.

Hot!

SMITHERS

by SMITHERS

What size is the Front Derailleur Clamp on the new Allez Race? 31.8? 34.9? Thanks in advance...

Merry Christmas + Happy New Year!

CBJ

by CBJ

tetonrider wrote:anyone hear anything about availability of 2013 s-works crank arms? word is the cranks have been updated, but the site still shows the 2012 version. it appears that many other items on the specialized site (bikes, shoes, etc.) are showing 2013 models.

does anyone have an inside line?

I just got some and they only had 2012.

Seems like there is a version that looks like the same as 2012 and the a new version for the new RED rings.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

marcelflash wrote:Image

Sweet bike What size is that?

tetonrider

by tetonrider

grid256 wrote:
anyone hear anything about availability of 2013 s-works crank arms? word is the cranks have been updated,

I don't know if they're re-designed, but they look somewhat different, at least on my 2013 shiv tt. I'd say beefier esp. towards the pedal. The Shiv tt now has removable extensions if anyone cares.

they changed the look, which means changing the molds for a carbon part. over the summer they were touting a new 2013 crankset.

what do you mean about the shiv TT now having removable extensions? can you clarify? the extensions have always been a separate part, but maybe i'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

tetonrider

by tetonrider

KWalker wrote:I've been told new spindle material because they had so many problems with spindles breaking last year. Other than that I also heard a new FACT carbon and new graphics, but essentially the same shit.

they're a new shape.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

tetonrider wrote:.

what do you mean about the shiv TT now having removable extensions? can you clarify? the extensions have always been a separate part, but maybe i'm misunderstanding what you are saying.

The Shiv TT now comes with extensions that are just tubes, separate from its mounting hardware. It also comes with original extensions, bonded on the ends to its mount.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roselend
Shop Wrench

by roselend

Allez frame 56: 1286 gr with seat-post collar, rear derailleur hanger and water bottle screws.