Looks so nice... Nice job!

Thanks! I'll try to get a few more uploaded

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rb4life

by rb4life

kamil1891 wrote:This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)

:beerchug:

rb4life

by rb4life

HaroldC wrote:Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)

Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:Nice bike! Love the stealth look, didn't know that it came in that finish. Now I'm thinking about picking one up to use as my race bike this year.

Do you feel any difference in stiffness between you SW Tarmac SL3 and the Allez Race? (Specifically the BB and rear triangle)

Yeah this is the "Race" edition. Its technically the same frame as their new S-Works Allez... What makes that one receive the "S-Works" branding is buying the bike complete with the SRAM Red group and new Roval carbon clinchers. Other than that, no change. You should definitely pick one up. I planned on just using it as my crit bike this year, but I've found myself riding it a lot more than the Tarmac as of late.. Maybe its just the "new bike" feel? Everyone knows the Tarmac is a great bike, but this thing really gives it a run for the money. Comes with the new Tarmac SL4 carbon fork and SL4 shape tubing with its cobra headtube and reshaped/flared out seat stays. To answer your question I can't feel any difference in stiffness. The headtube actually feels a little more forgiving than the Tarmac SL3, in which some people complained about the SL3. But other than that, BB feels just as good, no flex, great transfer. I've heard people complain about the previous Allez and everyone that has this new one has nothing but praise for it. I've said it countless times to people looking for a new bike, you honestly don't need a carbon rig for a comfortable, yet snappy, responsive ride. Not to mention, the most bang for your buck.

Thanks for the comparison! I just had my LBS check Specialized inventory and they're all out of the frame in 56...... Won't have any inventory until mid March. Trying to decide whether to wait or get a NOS S-Works Tarmac SL3.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Geoff

by Geoff

@rb4life, That is cold comfort. Too late now. She has already contacted a landscape architect. That is probably 40 or 50K in materials...

I wish the Venge had a 'pro' geometry size, too.

Roel W

by Roel W

Lovely bike!!
Another proof that alloy frames can be comfortable, light and nice looking.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

MOAR photos! This bike is so lush. Really want one now!

tshimro

by tshimro

rb4life wrote:
kamil1891 wrote:This has to be one of the most pleasant bikes on here! very nice built, enjoy :)

Nice rig. I will be getting the Race frame soon to build. I am 6' with pretty long arms and was thinking a 56cm would be the right size. What are your dimensions that put you on the 56? Just trying to get an idea and make sure that 56cm is the right size for me as some frames fit different. I am currently on a 56cm CAAD 9 and like the fit. Thanks!

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?

rb4life

by rb4life

HaroldC wrote:
rb4life wrote:

Thanks for the comparison! I just had my LBS check Specialized inventory and they're all out of the frame in 56...... Won't have any inventory until mid March. Trying to decide whether to wait or get a NOS S-Works Tarmac SL3.......

If you can swing the SL3 then that would be hard to beat. But this new Allez is really a great frame.. if the deal isn't that close to what you can get for the Allez and you want to save some $$$ then Allez is a better bet.

rb4life

by rb4life

tshimro wrote:
rb4life wrote:

Nice rig. I will be getting the Race frame soon to build. I am 6' with pretty long arms and was thinking a 56cm would be the right size. What are your dimensions that put you on the 56? Just trying to get an idea and make sure that 56cm is the right size for me as some frames fit different. I am currently on a 56cm CAAD 9 and like the fit. Thanks!

Yeah 56cm would be perfect for you. I'm 5'11''

rb4life

by rb4life

thisisbenji wrote:Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?

Yeah it's a 31.8. What was a little strange was that it doesn't come with a braze on der (no drill holes in the seat tube) so I had to use a clamp on der with a braze on adapter

HaroldC

by HaroldC

rb4life wrote:
HaroldC wrote:
rb4life wrote:

If you can swing the SL3 then that would be hard to beat. But this new Allez is really a great frame.. if the deal isn't that close to what you can get for the Allez and you want to save some $$$ then Allez is a better bet.

I originally wanted the SL3, but as a crit bike the Allez makes more sense. My LBS just let me know that my E5 Allez frame just came in today! Time to start building it! I'll post a new thread when I start building it.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

rb4life wrote:
thisisbenji wrote:Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?

Yeah it's a 31.8. What was a little strange was that it doesn't come with a braze on der (no drill holes in the seat tube) so I had to use a clamp on der with a braze on adapter

That's what it looked like to me. I wasn't sure though because I'm pretty sure last years, or at least the 2011 had a braze-on. Also my Crux is braze-on, so I thought this one would be too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rb4life

by rb4life

DartanianX wrote:MOAR photos! This bike is so lush. Really want one now!

You'd love it! I have the Ksyrium SLR's coming in soon so I'll post more when they come.