cannondale sisl2 + new compression plug details

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sovereign

by sovereign

mellowJohnny wrote:Does not look like less support from what I've seen - the difference seems to be the scalloping of the "top cap" vs the current solid design. Looks like an old school plastic bar end plug now with "fins".

Since the clamping forces will be directly against the new "fins" there should be no loss in strength. Similar to the way a cardboard box is extremely strong on one axis but not the other.

Looks smart.

I was referring more to the actual expander, which on the old version looks longer and is in full contact with the inner surface of the steerer. As for the top cap, which is supposed to provide support as well, on my Evo I can remove it easily after the stem is installed to 4-5nm. Easily, meaning, no difference in resistance than when the bolts on the stem are loose. Which means, it is not providing support anyway...

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Now if we could just buy one that would be even better!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Bianchi10 wrote:Now if we could just buy one that would be even better!

Just posted in your thread on BF but...

The new compression plug is in stock now. I just ordered one. http://www.cannondaleexperts.com/Cannon ... p_106.html

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Thank you so much for the heads up. Just grabbed one.

Vuong05

by Vuong05

Thanks for the update. Just ordered one as soon as I could.
Current Stable. Evo (Storm Trooper) : 5.39kg | Alchemy Eros : Heavy (7.25kg) I Specialized Allez Sprint 2022 : Heavy (7.62kg)

renoracing

by renoracing

Received my cap today! Weighed in at 16 grams as opposed to the old one at 50 grams! I'll take that easy $1/Gram!

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

renoracing wrote:Received my cap today! Weighed in at 16 grams as opposed to the old one at 50 grams! I'll take that easy $1/Gram!

When did you order and how far are you from CannondaleExperts(assuming you ordered form them)?

renoracing

by renoracing

I ordered it Tuesday afternoon, received a shipment notification on Wednesday afternoon, and it arrived this morning(Friday). I'm in Nevada, so not a long shipment from Utah. :thumbup:

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

quattrings wrote:@shoemakerpom2010

According to Dr Cannondale the new bolts weigh 13g vs 14g for the old ones. Any chance you could weigh them?
I wanted to order black bolts anyway and will probably get the sisl2's.

:beerchug:
Attachments
20121201-150032.jpg
http://eliflap.it/

quattrings

by quattrings

thanks a lot :thumbup:

I got some plans to drop another 350-400 grams of my CAAD 9, and it's in the little things too I guess. Gonna be expensive though :mrgreen:

styrrell

by styrrell

On that note, has anyone weighed all of the parts from a sisl2 vs the sisl? I've seen a few individual weights but nothing complete.

I'm especially interested in the weight of a spidering vs the normal spider and chainrings.

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

styrrell wrote:On that note, has anyone weighed all of the parts from a sisl2 vs the sisl? I've seen a few individual weights but nothing complete.

I'm especially interested in the weight of a spidering vs the normal spider and chainrings.

OPI spiderrring is 165 g in compact version and 180 g in 52-39 version

110mm spider and Cannondale MKV rings in 50-34 are 148 g

other weights here http://eliflap.wordpress.com/2012/12/01 ... 0mm-part2/
http://eliflap.it/

CAADEL

by CAADEL

mellowJohnny wrote:Anyone know if the expander is available separately yet?

mellowJohnny wrote:I'll answer my own question: "Spring" according to the LBS' Cannondale rep...

I asked at my LBS and they told me ETA for the KP017 is April 30. They also told the MSRP is $20, while cannondaleexperts sells it for $32. Is my LBS wrong? Is cannondaleexperts overcharging? :noidea:

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Cannondaleexperts charges what they can get for things. A lot of items are MSRP, some hard-to-find and/or desirable items are more. More power to them. If people don't like the price they can get it elsewhere...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

OwenJames

by OwenJames

styrrell wrote:On that note, has anyone weighed all of the parts from a sisl2 vs the sisl? I've seen a few individual weights but nothing complete.

Hi (first post here, so hello everyone! 8) )

I have the SiSL2 crankset, the spider ring and the new 109mm BB complete set. Absolutely love it.

I weighed the whole lot, and it came to...

568g

That is 568g in total for the following;

Left and right crank arms
Chainring
Chainring lock ring
BB cups
Bearings
Spacers/bearing covers/wave spacer, etc.
Axle

Amazing, considering my DA7900 chainset alone weighs 666g, and that is before I even started on the BB.

Here is the evidence... The BB and axle is underneath (the only way I could get it to balance on the scales!). I put the spacers, wave ring, etc on the BB set.