Showbike Garage Photos

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tlow

by tlow

I'm moving into a new home with a three car garage. Naturally, I'll be bringing my five prized bikes with me. I searched out on the Internet for bike hangers and stands but none, from what I found, are very attractive or meet the level I'd like to match and display the quality of the bikes well.

Do any of the WW members have photos of their ultimate garage set-up? If so, could you share?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Personally i think bikes look best when on a rear stand such as this....

Edited...
On a rear stand such as this.....In your house :thumbup:

Last edited by Bianchi10 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Garages are for cars, lawnmowers, and beater bikes. Store your good bikes in the house.

tommasini

by tommasini

+1

They belong in your own man-cave in the house

tlow

by tlow

I completely agree. Before I had kids, I brought up the idea of parking the Ducati 1198 in the living room and was greeted with a condescending stare from my wife. Now that I have two boys under the age of 2, my objects of two-wheeled affection (bikes and motorcycle) would not stand a chance.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

hmmmmm 1198 and montery cali.......You better not be some poser on that 1198! please tell me you take that to laguna seca every chance you get!

tlow

by tlow

2 track days already and high speed runs with local ducs down Hwy 1. Motorcycle and cycling heaven down here. Already signed up for 2013 Sea Otter classic circuit race too.

aaric

by aaric

Best I've found is the feedback sports RAKK: It's pretty stable, and simple to get the bikes in and out of, and only touches the tire.

http://feedbacksports.com/shop/RAKK-Bic ... P17C4.aspx

Wcl4

by Wcl4

I have a couple of rakks – they're ok, don't absolutely love them as I feel the spring loaded holder is a bit unnecessary. Also, because the holder doubles for mountain bikes as well, I don't think it has the best grip for the skinny rear tires. I do love the fact that the rakk doesn't touch any of the expensive carbon bits or skewers.

I'm interested in this thread as well as I would love a better way of storing my 5 bikes. Was thinking about making custom shelves for each, but don't think the wife would allow that, so for now, they're taking up a good portion on my man tower =).

JackDaniels

by JackDaniels

I got the 3rd garage for my bicycle and computer diddling. I use some Gladiator brand hooks which you can get at the hardware store pretty cheaply. I also got some cheap hardwood flooring and a little heater which makes it more like a room. Yes, there is a discoball also, and no you don't need to comment on it. :noidea:

linus

by linus

Impressive.

Elrey

by Elrey

That's impressiv! Hehe, discoball.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

@JackDaniels... awesome garage and "computer diddling" room. But really, you can't throw us a disco ball and expect no comments. It's awesomeness deserves a thread of it's own.

Looks cozy in there, and as long as you don't spin the discoball in the middle of a special build, all is good. My garage is much too cold right now. I need to change that. :beerchug:
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

carbon2329

by carbon2329

Something like this could work, perhaps.

http://www.steadyrack.com/
Attachments
steadyrack.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com