On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Yes @Tinea... What's the story with the "Giant". I know there's got to be one. Maybe I missed it somewhere.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

must be cause Nick's new team is sponsored by Giant but I think they were delayed in having their bike because there are tweaks made on them. I might be wrong though

djm

by djm

dbordewisch wrote:Being a dork I think your front tire is on backwards.

Yeah, it is, but it doesn't really matter I believe.. not like the tread gives any noticeably better grip on sand or dust and I'm not riding gravel. To aquaplane you need to do in excess of 130 km/h :-) What other reasons would there be to ride the tire they way Continental indicates? Definitely not a safety matter.

HakeemT: I agree on the price.. by my standards it is extremely cheap, and it's not like I bought it from Carrefour, it was a tiny mum&pop fruit store. The mandarinas were excellent too.
Last edited by djm on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elrey

by Elrey

Did 150km. last two days. Not the longest, but it's a start :D

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Second Severn Crossing from the Avonmouth Coast road, heading to Aust, South Glos, UK. Glorious weather today but apparently the UK is set to grind to a halt with a dusting of snow this week. Roll on the 'lack of grit' Red top headlines.....

wingguy

by wingguy

I'm pretty sure the only reason Conti put a direction arrow on GPs is to stop dorks asking them which way round they should be mounted... :wink:

Miller76

by Miller76

Another early morning ride along the Palisades in NJ.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

devinci wrote:must be cause Nick's new team is sponsored by Giant but I think they were delayed in having their bike because there are tweaks made on them. I might be wrong though

Bingo.

Renatita81

by Renatita81

Really cold!There was ice
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358121962.722324.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358122002.850927.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358122020.698798.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358122050.058560.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358122070.960515.jpg
In San Diego rode 128km took some pics on my way up to Ramona CA

HakeemT

by HakeemT

prendrefeu wrote:That's .55 Euro... which is about .75 USD, which is pretty much the going rate for a can of phosphoric acid and sugar in most small, non-chain eateries in the US, even in Los Angeles which has a notoriously high (and unjustified) cost of living. Unless you live somewhere where it is somehow more costly?

Easily 2AUD (i.e. > 2USD) here in Melbourne. Been here for 2.5 years now but still can't get over the ridiculously inflated prices on just about everything.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

We either pay too much or too little here.

Normally the former.

xrs2

by xrs2

I went for a 70-mile ride with the executive director of the UMCA this weekend that included two of the tougher climbs in my area, Mountain Rest Road and Vista Maria. It was supposed to be >50 degrees out, but the weatherman lied. It was barely above freezing, and there was a nice icy mist. We had one crash on ice, thankfully at low speed.

PS: Before anyone asks, location is in my signature--the Catskills, New York, USA :D

apLe

by apLe

HakeemT wrote: Easily 2AUD (i.e. > 2USD) here in Melbourne. Been here for 2.5 years now but still can't get over the ridiculously inflated prices on just about everything.

I cordially invite you to Poland. Only .40USD for a can of Coke in a regular shop :mrgreen:
18' R5 coming soon...

Imaking20

by Imaking20

wingguy wrote:

I'm pretty sure the only reason Conti put a direction arrow on GPs is to stop dorks asking them which way round they should be mounted... :wink:

Bingo.

We were staring at the tread and riding and staring wondering how this tread was supposed to grip better than a traditional "slick" tread. In our riding, we didn't notice any better or worse grip. So we asked. We were told that the little side tread shapes are for show. Slicks grab better and bikes don't hydroplane, but there are people who just refuse to believe that slicks are better. So Continental puts a little side pattern on to make a good show to allay the concerns of the doubters who want tread.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/revie ... e_295.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

xrs2 wrote:Image

Damn.

Looks freakin' beautiful, but rather you than me!