TT ring 53 on Exogram crank?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wizzo

by Wizzo

I was wondering if anyone knows or has successfully installed the Sram tt 53T ring on the Exogram Sram Red Crank? Something about the hidden bolt makes me think that it cannot be done but i am not sure. :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I remember reading something that would make me think that you are correct, it won't work. I may be mistaken though. The standard rings should be plenty stiff though if stiffness was the reason you wanted a TT ring.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MagnusH

by MagnusH

You're on compact bb30 exogram right?
Is the sram tt-ring even produced with 110 mm bcd (it seems only the 130 mm is cataloged on their website)?

If it exist in 100 mm bcd, with the same design as the 130 mm, it would definitely need a mod to fit on the compact bb30 exogram. On the GXP I think it will work 'out-of-the-box'. On the 130 mm bb30 i don't know.

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

My memory could be playing tricks here, but I think there were problems fitting aero chainrings to the original BB30 crankset because of the BB30 crank arm being thicker at the point where it intersects with the chainring. I know that at least one customer has fitted our standard 130bcd chainrings to an Exogram crankset so a standard 130bcd chainring will fit but whether a full disc aero chainring will fit or not, I'm not sure. We could of course make a proprietary one if the Sram one doesn't work out :wink:
Last edited by stephen@fibre-lyte on Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagnusH

by MagnusH

stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:GXP BB30 crankset

:noidea: what's that?

Edit: anyways, this is covered to some extent in the dedicated exogram thread. I think the only question not answered there is whether aero rings will fit on 130mm BB30 cranks (potential chainring-spacing issues aside).

stephen@fibre-lyte
in the industry

by stephen@fibre-lyte

That's fingers typing faster than brain working. What I was meaning was the original first generation Sram Red BB30 crankset

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com