Difference between Campagnolo Hyperon ultra One and Two?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Elrey

by Elrey

Has this been addressed? Can't seem to find it.
Got a nice offer on One.

Sorry if my search skills are weak.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tabmaster

by tabmaster

As far as I know, the only difference is the hub. The 'two' has a carbon hub shell & the 'one' has an alloy hub shell. I expect the 'two' has cult ceramic bearings as well.

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

Elrey

by Elrey

Thanks. Was expecting the difference to be the CULT bearings.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

There should be a difference in weight as well but nothing major.

I know of a guy in BE who sells brandnew Ultra Twos for the price of Ones. PM me if interested and I'll paste you the link.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

ticou

by ticou

The differences explain the up to £1K price difference. The ultra 1 loses out on a carbon hub and cult ceramics, which by Campy's own admission only score it 8/10 for smoothness and 9.5/10 for reactivity.

elviento

by elviento

With very few exceptions, the second model in a lineup is better value than the top of the line one. Which one to get is philosophical question.

Campy wheels are very good and solid but lately many others are making much better wheels than before so for Campy's top end model's price, you could get better wheels.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

IME Campa wheels have always been considered expensive by most customers. This is in part due to them sticking to the traditional distribution model where everyone involved ups the price and also by the market driven necessity of having to reflect quality in the $ asked.

That said, even though competition has grown over the past years, I know of very few manufacturers being able to offer such a high level of quality across the board.

Luckily in this case the most important part (the rims IMHO) is the same for both models turning the choice into a mere (or almost) philosophical one indeed. Do I want the extra status or not. Is a Super Record that much better than a Chorus group or not? The answer is simple: it is not better in an absolute sense but owning one may make you feel better. :lol:

Anyhow I understand that the TS already acquired a set of Ones so he must be a wise man. Me, I'm a bit more foolish.... :oops:

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

^^ would you explain
^ no i haven't decidet yet. Want a low lightweight clincher set insted of my R-sys slr. And so, i just got a good offer on the On's.but if people had sayd. don't by them, thy'll explode! Then i will look for something els.