New Rapha Winter gloves.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Cento

by Cento

Hows the Winter gloves sizing? run smaller or true to size?

limba

by limba

They're on sale right now but only size small and xs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cento

by Cento

I saw that but Im hesitant coz of sizing I hate the returning hassle..hows your's Limba do they stretch a lot? Im small on some gloves but never had rapha before so not sure If I need medium. :?:

limba wrote:They're on sale right now but only size small and xs.

limba

by limba

Yes, returning items sucks.
I don't have the winter gloves because the reviews here didn't seem so great. I do have the regular long finger gloves and LOVE them. I wear a medium Rapha and a small Specialized. Don't know if that helps. Good luck if you order them.

giant man

by giant man

Not very good review cos they're crap basically imo. Badly designed inners and very poor quality for 70 quid, dont know if that price has changed, returned mine last year after a couple of rides.

Marwin3000
Shop Wrench

by Marwin3000

I have both the winter gloves and the grand tour gloves and I'm notihng but happy! Never had any issues with mine. I've worn the Grand Tour gloves for a lot of miles, in all kinds of weather. Still as good as new!

asv

by asv

I have no issues with my Rapha winter gloves, they are the best long finger gloves I've ever owned. I really like the design (not too bulky) but probably not warm enough if you're looking for gloves in temps lower than 32F.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I have owned a pair for about a year; IMO they are poor quality for the price. I am not convinced how much investment rapha make in 'proper' r&d (eg. Compared to similarly priced items, say castelli) - using the gloves as an example, the tops aren't particularly wind proof and the ergonomics aren't great (the reinforcement on the fingers for using the shifters is completely the wrong place for me!) Mine are falling to pieces and I am struggling to get them replaced. I suspect they are out of stock for good reason - my money is that they are being replaced. The one upside of their sponsorship of sky is that they will have a proper test bed for their gear.

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Castelli stuff isn't any better. I've had too many items fall apart after minimal use.
I actually am planning on getting some more Rapha stuff, interested in seeing how it compares now.

limba

by limba

I owe a ton of Rapha stuff. All of it has been as good or better than everything else I've tried including Castelli. Fit and style is personal but Rapha's quality is as good as any manufacturer except Assos which costs even more money. I can believe that their winter gloves are duds but there's no way they have an inferior product to Castelli.