Internal routing outer cable Campagnolo 11s

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

chickenbourne

by chickenbourne

Refreshing my cables (both inners and outers) on my EMX-7 and wondered if anyone has any experience with Campag 11 speed and internally routed brake and gear outers? It seems that the Campagnolo kits don't have enough outer to even think about internal routing... Any advice/workarounds appreciated and white or red outer suggestions please :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bontie

by bontie

You don't route the casings through the frame, but use whatever cable stops go with the frame.

Casigns should match the frame and in 99% of cases balck is best/safets - YMMV

chickenbourne

by chickenbourne

Oh I see. I thought the outer went the entire length as when I pulled on the rear brake cable outer from the stem end (routed through TT) it pulled the outer from the brake end suggesting a continuous run of outer....

Okay white outers then please

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

You don't route the casings through the frame, but use whatever cable stops go with the frame.

On some frames you're supposed to run the outer (brake) casing through the frame. These frames do not have stops at the cable outlets so if you want to run the inner cable inside of it you'll need to use stepped cable stops to keep the casing from sliding into the frame .

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

For brakes, a campy cable kit should have plenty. for the rare frame that sets their derailleurs like that, you're out of luck.

chickenbourne

by chickenbourne

I guess the easiest way to check is to undo rear mech cable to give me some slack and see what happens when I tug on the outer. If it moves at the bars I'm out of luck, if it stays where it is happy days! Thanks for the advice guys. Great service as always. :D

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Pretty sure the EMX-7 is the same as the EMX-5 in that the gear & brake casings go through the frame all the way. The stops are at the bottom of the down tube in the case of the gears, from memory.

bontie

by bontie

:oops:

I just thought it sounds odd that you'd need that much casing - this is WW after all

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com