My new 'old' Colnago spring project :-) Finished Images Pg4

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Lig

by Lig

Hi all, treated myself to this beauty as a Christmas gift from me to me…

Always wanted this colour scheme and found one in my size – Very excited about this build….!!!

Parts list as follows:

Frame – Colnago C50 ST02 57s - Headset : Colnago Carbon (not pictured)

Groupo – Campag SR Ti – 53/39 175 12/25

Wheels and Rubber – Campag Bora Ultra 2 Dark Label – Vittoria Corsa Evo SC (May change to Conti Competition if the yellow walls don’t look right)

Finishing kit – Saddle : Selle Italia SLR or Teknologica (depending on which looks best :D ) – Bars and Stem : Deda 35 carbon bars alloy stem – Seat Post : Deda Super Zero - Tape : Brooks black leather

Pedals TBC but most likely Look Keo Blade and will also build with black Nokon cables…..

Hopefully will come out under 7Kg but we will see.....Any guesses on the finished weight or other comments most welcome :lol:

Cheers Lig.
Last edited by Lig on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

fa63

by fa63

I love the C50, always wanted one for myself. This looks very promising!

Rumsas

by Rumsas

OOOOOHHHH YEEEAAAHHH!!! on everything, except the Deda 35

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

Same scheme as mine, I ran it with SR11 for quite a while, it's currently unbuilt, but I plan on sourcing a Chorus 11 kit for it to get it back up and running.

c50jim

by c50jim

Sweet!

manne

by manne

Omg, that paintscheme is my favorite on the c50. Really looking forward to see this build.

Martin

Lig

by Lig

Cheers for all the kind words guys.

I love the paint scheme also and just had to have it. I have also always wanted to ride a C50. I know they did this paint scheme on the C59 as a special, but i think only for the Japanese market - even if I could get hold of one I wouldn't want it as I like the retro-ness of the C50.

As for the Deda 35s, I wanted something different and thought I would give them a try, the bars feel really good in the 'flesh' so to speak, really chunky.

It will be a couple of weeks before i get the time to build her up, but for sure the finished article will appear on here!

Cheers,
Lig.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

This will turn out nice. C50 is a favourite. Especially the split chain stay, super cool.

Hurry up and build the thing!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice. I have the exact same frame but in a 62 Traditional. Think they only did that colour scheme in 2008, except for a newer c59 version in Japan that you mentioned. But tell me, is that really a 57s, as I only thought they did sloping in even sizes... 54s, 56s, 58s etc. Perhaps you're measuring to the very top of the seat tube versus where the collar actually starts, making it maybe a 56s? What's the headtube length on the frame?
Regardless, it is one of my favourite paint schemes that they did during those years. Looking forward to seeing it built up.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Lig

by Lig

Hi guys,

You are right Calnago it is a 2008, but deffo a 57s. I also have a Active + frame in 57s. The 'old' Colnagos with standard headsets (C50s Extreme range, etc) they did all sizes in Traditional from 510 through to 650 in 10mm increments and 45,48,50,51,52,53,54,55,57 and 58cm in Sloping.

Cheers,
Lig.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

This looks like it's going to turn out great!

I'd also like to try the Deda 35 stuff. But, I'm a sucker for new stuff.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

Calnago wrote:Nice. I have the exact same frame but in a 62 Traditional. Think they only did that colour scheme in 2008, except for a newer c59 version in Japan that you mentioned. But tell me, is that really a 57s, as I only thought they did sloping in even sizes... 54s, 56s, 58s etc. Perhaps you're measuring to the very top of the seat tube versus where the collar actually starts, making it maybe a 56s? What's the headtube length on the frame?
Regardless, it is one of my favourite paint schemes that they did during those years. Looking forward to seeing it built up.

I think I got mine in 2007, I don't recall exactly, but it was the year before the CX-1, so I think 2007.
They did 57s for the first part of the intro, then switched to 58s.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ah, thanks. The 58s is kind of a monster geometry wise. They like to say it's close to a 62 traditional, but if you look closely at the geo charts at things like front center and chainstay length it's really closer to their largest traditional sizes (64-65). Kind of like their biggest sloping size is meant to fit everyone beyond a certain size.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

BxEddie

by BxEddie

Rumsas wrote:OOOOOHHHH YEEEAAAHHH!!! on everything, except the Deda 35

+1.
And the teknolgika, for me, is the choice.

Looking foreward to see this build. :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com