Will Armstrong confess??

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rick

by Rick

I think that with all the publicity build-up to this interview it will just blow people's minds when he just continues to deny everything. Oprah's understanding attitude will lend veracity to his story, and big bucks will be made by all. A win-win situation. :up:

therealla

by therealla

I just don't think he is going to confess.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

micky

by micky

Indeed seems just all about money once again.

Velofreak

by Velofreak

I think LA just wants to make some easy cash so he has something when he comes out of prison. no confession just yet i think.

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Guess who is a 50% owner of the Oprah Winfrey Network? Discovery Communications, which happened to be the title sponsor of Lance Armstrong's team in the last year in which he stood atop the podium in Paris.

J-Nice

by J-Nice

The Oprah interview hasn't been taped yet. It will be recorded this coming Monday.
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

mellowJohnny

by mellowJohnny

He won't confess. He'll sit up there and repeat the same drivel we've been hearing for the last...

Although I'd love to see him jump up and down on the couch, Tom Cruise style. :-)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

Here's a scenario:

Lance Armstrong will have wrote:I rode doped, but I didn't lie in the SCA Promotions testimony or violate terms of agreement with USPS. You see, it's all because of melloJohnny, you know, the Weight Weenies poster. It turns out, and I just found this out, he doped me against my knowledge. And that includes EPO, and giving me transfusions while I slept. I honestly thought I was riding, and winning, clean. And so Greg, and Floyd, you're due big fat apologies ... from melloJohnny!!
<Big hug from Oprah>

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Oprah... so, he chooses to turn it into a soap opera. i'm really disappointed. i was hoping for some solid few-year-long trial, or at least a good old book. but this.. wasn't he ever advised on who his target market is? cause i'm sure it's not the housewifes or retired older people..
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Prejudice is a funny thing...

edesigner

by edesigner

Just have your card ready...

ultyguy

by ultyguy

So obviously this is going to be the stage managed version....the hard version will come at some point I'm sure. Most likely only in court....will he throw Contador under the bus? Will it then be a lifetime or 8 year ban?

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Lance Armstrong to confess to doping throughout his career on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

Game, set, match.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/sto ... eport-says" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out the latest controversies in sport-

http://berzin.blogspot.com/

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Those that are waiting for an apology are going to be sorely disappointed. Armstrong cannot afford to apologise in a meaningful way, even if he wants to. It has far too many ramifications that are outside of his control. SCA, The Sunday Times & the Federal Authorities will be lining up for their cut, be it monetary or liberty. The choice of Oprah is a dead giveaway, IMO.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Lance Armstrong plans to admit to doping throughout his career during an upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey, USA Today reported late Friday.

The interview, scheduled to be taped Monday and broadcast Thursday night on the Oprah Winfrey Network, will be conducted at Armstrong's home in Austin, Texas.

Citing an anonymous source, USA Today reported that the disgraced cyclist plans to admit using performance-enhancing drugs, but likely will not get into details of the allegations outlined in a 2012 report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life from the sport.

His representatives declined comment late Friday, including attorney Tim Herman, but Armstrong sent a text to the Associated Press early Saturday morning saying: "I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and I'll answer the questions directly, honestly, candidly. That's all I can say."

The New York Times first reported last week that Armstrong was considering making a confession.

The 41-year-old Armstrong, who vehemently denied doping for years, has not spoken publicly about the USADA report that cast him as the leader of a sophisticated and brazen doping program on his U.S. Postal Service teams that included use of steroids, blood boosters and illegal blood transfusions.

Winfrey's network announced Tuesday that Armstrong agreed to a "no holds barred" interview with her.

A confession to Winfrey would come at a time when some of Armstrong's legal troubles appear to be clearing up.

Any potential perjury charges stemming from his sworn testimony denying doping in a 2005 arbitration fight with a Dallas promotions company over a contract bonus worth $7.5 million have passed the statute of limitations.

Armstrong faces a whistle-blower lawsuit filed by former teammate Floyd Landis accusing him of defrauding the U.S. Postal Service, but the U.S. Department of Justice has yet to announce if it will join the case. The British newspaper The Sunday Times is suing Armstrong to recover about $500,000 it paid him to settle a libel lawsuit.

Armstrong lost most of his personal sponsorship — worth tens of millions of dollars — after USADA issued its report and he left the board of the Livestrong cancer-fighting charity he founded in 1997. He is still said to be worth an estimated $100 million.

Livestrong might be one reason to issue an apology or make a confession. The charity supports cancer patients and still faces an image problem because of its association with its famous founder.

The New York Times reported that Armstrong may make a confession in an attempt to return to competition in elite triathlon or running events, but World Anti-Doping Code rules state his lifetime ban cannot be reduced to less than eight years. WADA and U.S. Anti-Doping officials could agree to reduce the ban further depending on what new information Armstrong provides and his level of cooperation.

Armstrong met with USADA officials recently to explore a "pathway to redemption," according to a report by "60 Minutes Sports" aired Wednesday on Showtime.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/report-l ... -interview
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree