Colnago C59 ADAR

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

chocy

by chocy

This is HOT. Although I would go for black bars and saddle too. Can't wait to see it done!
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

PSM

by PSM

Check the "G" on the toptube. Is that acceptable? :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tabmaster

by tabmaster

That's a very good point about the G on the top tube and no, that wouldn't be acceptable. What one does expect is that as they're all hand made & painted, they will have the odd imperfection but that's part of the charm!

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

PSM

by PSM

tabmaster wrote:That's a very good point about the G on the top tube and no, that wouldn't be acceptable. What one does expect is that as they're all hand made & painted, they will have the odd imperfection but that's part of the charm!

Paul.

He he... My M10 is not perfect either. But aren't Trek or Scott for instance, "handpainted" too ? Ok, they have their letters/logos glued on I think...?

eurperg

by eurperg

I wouldn't care about the G, but I don't like how the paint has faux-arabesque lugs combined with real lugs. Like it's pretending to be something that it is not, but on the other hand it still is. Why not outline the real lugs or laser-cut real arabesque shapes into them?

chocy

by chocy

As a design professional, I actually don't have problem with arabesque lug pattern.
I think it's a nice gesture to the history of the brand while keeping with the modern material especially that the material is showing and has no pretension of being something else. Sure one could ask for laser cut lugs but I am not sure if that renders true to the structural characteristic of the material.

If I were to get a C59 now it would be the white version of this
------------------------------------------------
My Colnago EPS http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=83064&start=45

eurperg

by eurperg

It's good design when the frame graphics interact and integrate with the physical shapes of the frame, highlighting and conforming key shapes and hiding and shaping areas not wanting to stand out, thus creating a whole where the sum is more than its parts. I just think the mismatching "lugs on lugs" is bad concept, and the would even suit a M10 frame better, because it has no real lugs underneath that conflict with the arabesque shapes. And where's the airbrushed cyclist on the top tube? That definitely belongs to Art Decor color schemes.
Last edited by eurperg on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Next part on the agenda: Deda Newton Deep bars, 44cm.

A bit portly, but I like them.

Paul.
If the grand tours are like classical music, kermesse racing is punkrock, Belgian style.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

SDP

by SDP

portly & there is boat anchor ...

this lovely frame deserves better ..

tabmaster

by tabmaster

What other bars have this bend then?

Paul.
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Re. carbon stems. It's not at all that simple. A carbon stem is not a carbon stem, just as little as a carbon frame is a carbon frame. In short, you can get flexy carbon stems, and very stiff carbon stems. The same in alu. Eg. my carbon ENVE stem is very stiff, whereas I have had flexy alu stems. (The ENVE stem would not be a good match on your glossy bike IMO). Also, I doubt that anyone can feel the slightest difference in vibration damping on any carbon stem. If anyone believes to feel a difference, it is because either the stem is indeed flexier than the old stem, or that the stem/bar interface is narrower, giving the bar a longer span to flex from.

Nice bike, BTW :-)
I would suggest an Italian alu stem like a Deda Superleggero.

cerro

by cerro

SDP wrote:portly & there is boat anchor ...

this lovely frame deserves better ..

You shouldn't underestimate that bar. Maybe not so light and in matt alu but really nice and Deda knows how a bar should be bent

tabmaster

by tabmaster

Next item on the agenda:
And:

So, these are undoubtably light weight but, just in style terms, do I use these or a pair of my older, heavier, silver record skewers?

Paul.

EDIT: Here is another web found photo of the frame. The waiting is deliciously frustrating!
Colnago C50, Campag SR11

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Yashnoon

by Yashnoon

I love custom paint. This one is hot.