Open mold wide profile carbon wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

odin99

by odin99

tharmor wrote:I heard back from BEV and it was a bit disappointing. First, they were assuming that I was a business looking to resell, which of course, I'm not. Second, there is a minimum purchase order of 50 pieces (not sure if that's complete sets or not). However, just out of curiousity's sake I asked if I met the 50 piece minimum what the cost would be, and on the 80mm tubular, it was $178 USD.

Not bad at all. Now I just wish they had a distributor (which they don't - I asked that too).

group buy?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

tharmor wrote:Second, there is a minimum purchase order of 50 pieces (not sure if that's complete sets or not).
Take what Real Design mentioned and run with it. For many of these resellers, the MOQ can be overcome by indicating that 'your' company will first need to arrange for the purchase of some sample pieces for testing wheel builds with the hubs you plan to use.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

tharmor

by tharmor

ms6073 wrote:
tharmor wrote:Second, there is a minimum purchase order of 50 pieces (not sure if that's complete sets or not).
Take what Real Design mentioned and run with it. For many of these resellers, the MOQ can be overcome by indicating that 'your' company will first need to arrange for the purchase of some sample pieces for testing wheel builds with the hubs you plan to use.

Just read what "Evelyn" wrote to me back and forth and try to make sense of it all - for reference, th emails sort from most recent to the original ::

Sorry in this case it is not possible sorry.

We can accept one sample order before production.  But you need to give me your company detail first.

We charge for sample and shipping cost and bank charge.  Please kindly noted.

Give me also the shipping address so I can check and let you know the total charge for the sample.  Thank you.

Best Regards,

Evelyn

Dear Travis:

How are you?  Hope all is well.

Sorry we do not have distributor.

BWR-131: without logo, OEM package FOB Taiwan US$ 178.00/each rim
Min. Q'ty request per order: 50pcs

Our payment term is:
All sample orders: 100% T/T upon confirming the order.
First production order: 100% T/T upon confirming the order.
Second production order: 50% T/T upon confirming the order, balance 50% T/T 2 weeks before shipment.
Third production order & on: 30% T/T upon confirming the order, balance 70% T/T 2 weeks before shipment.

Please kindly check above information and kindly let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything else?  Thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Evelyn

Dear Travis:

Thank you for your quick reply.

Our first order min. is 50pcs and than after first order the min. is 100pcs per item.  Please kindly noted.

Let me know if you have any more questions or if you need anything else?  Thank you.

Have a nice day and keep in touch.

Best Regards,

Evelyn

Dear Travis:

Thank you for your e-mail and inquiry.

For price detail, please kindly send us below information.  Thank you.
Your full company name?
Your full company address?
Your company website?
Your company phone, fax and e-mail address?
Your company contact person?

Thank you.

Hope to hear from you soon and have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Evelyn
Last edited by tharmor on Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

eric

by eric

FarSports has some wider "CX" rims. They will sell to individuals.

Arky

by Arky

Does anyone have a direct link to the "cx" rims? Finding a specific rim on that site is very difficult.

CAFERACER

by CAFERACER

tharmor wrote:
ms6073 wrote:

Just read what "Evelyn" wrote to me back and forth and try to make sense of it all - for reference, th emails sort from most recent to the original ::

[i]Sorry in this case it is not possible sorry.

----- Original Message -----
To: evelyn
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:06 PM
Subject: Re: BWR-131 (80mm Tubular)

I'm convinced you do not understand my situation. I am ONLY interested in buying two rims for my personal bicycle. I would NOT be interested in buying 50. 

If there is a way for me to place an order for just 2 BWR-131 at $178 + shipping then please let me know. Otherwise, I would have to look elsewhere. 

For reference, my address is ::

Edited out the home address

Regards,

Travis C. Harmor

Man you were rude in that e-mail thread. It is similar to when travelling abroad seeing loud Americans ask for something in English then get annoyed when they aren't understood. Their usual response is to say the original request louder and slower.

Phill P

by Phill P

Do farsports have their own CF facilities or are they a trading house again?

I see they have a chinerallo frame listed, but most of the other road frames look more uniquely inspired.

How does 390g for a 50x23 tubular stack up? I'm guessing a little heavier since it is classed as a CX rim. The weight seems good to me, 50mm deep and still lighter than 99% of Al clinchers.
Technical Director at www.TUFFcycle.com

tharmor

by tharmor

Man you were rude in that e-mail thread. It is similar to when travelling abroad seeing loud Americans ask for something in English then get annoyed when they aren't understood. Their usual response is to say the original request louder and slower.

I'll admit that I got rude with her. I have to admit that. Nevertheless, our emails were more like chats in the sense that we were going back and forth within minutes of one another. After the third time she requested my company name, I wanted to leave it at that.

The last thing I need to be labeled is a loud American. Forgive me if I came across that way.

Bregne

by Bregne

Any news on this?

LouisN

by LouisN

Anybody knows where these guys source their new 2013 "wide" rims ?
Looks a lot like copies of some known brands... :wink:

http://www.boydcycling.com/2013-product-revamp/

Louis :)

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Boyd switched manufacturers for his new line. Not sure who makes them but I would image he has a good relationship with his manufacturer and might have an "exclusive" deal for now. I haven't seen anything like this from the open mold guys yet. Very nice and quality built wheels.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

This side of the pond, UK-based Wheelsmith has 23mm wide tubulars and 24mm clinchers with Gigantex rims. Selling full builds only.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

*cough*

Coincidentally, FarSports announced last night their newest line of wheels.
You guessed it: wide, "U shaped profile"

Kinda funny that Boyd comes out with them at the same time.
I'd still rather buy FarSports.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Where was this announcement?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com