Sore testicles after every ride?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

critracer26

by critracer26

Not the the testicles themselves but the skin. I'm on my fourth or fifth saddle and bin brand and I just can't get it to stop. The skin gets all beat up and is uncomfortable for 2-3 days. Doesn't matter if the ride is 30 min or 3 hours. I have tried just about every chamois cream on the market as well. Currently on a Romin saddle with Castelli bib shorts with kiss chamois. Anyone experience anything like this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

allergic reaction? try a different detergent? different shorts?
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

thprice

by thprice

Chamois cream immediately before the ride.
Clean and apply Sorbolene Moisturiser immediately after the ride.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

To get the basics out of the way, you are NOT wearing underwear under your shorts, right? Saddle mostly level so you are not sliding and fighting to stay in one place?

project3

by project3

i used prologo SCRATCH PRO PLUS - with hollow at the center - solved my problem.

aerozy

by aerozy

Its happened to me so I share your pain. If its happening to you after 30min rides its very likely due to an allergic reaction.

In my case I eventually found out I was allergic to perfumed (fragranced?) substances. These were present in my chamois cream, shampoo, bath gel, cloths washing detergent, etc.

What I did. Renewed my entire collection of cycling bibs and boxeur shorts since the fragrances were stuck to my previous clothing. And of course started using fragrance free products only. Was instantly cured! I suffered with this for a full 6 months so I was pretty releaved when I found out what it was :thumbup: :beerchug:

Best of luck!
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

Geoff

by Geoff

How big are you (read it how you want :roll: ) and what size shorts do you wear. On group rides, I see lots of guys running shorts that are too big. Once they start wearing the correct size, the chaffing stops. Surprise.

NS

by NS

If its not chafing it could be fungal or allergic

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

Geoff wrote:How big are you (read it how you want :roll: ) and what size shorts do you wear. On group rides, I see lots of guys running shorts that are too big. Once they start wearing the correct size, the chaffing stops. Surprise.

Yes I agree with this post this is the number 1 reason. The clothes need to be conforming to the body but not constricting at the same time.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

aerozy

by aerozy

An awkward question. Do your crown jules itch once the irritation starts to settle down? If so then its for sure a fungus or allergy. If not, it could still be anything! :)

Try using lamisil for 5 days. This will eliminate the fungus possibility.
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

critracer26

by critracer26

thanks for all the responses!

It must be an allergic reaction, it's not itchy just red and light burning. I wear a size small castelli but could really go a size smaller if they made them smaller. My jean size is 30 and even those are a tiny but loose.

I was thinking back to one of my better rides and i had worn a pair of castelli tights out of the package with a little chamois cream and the after effects were minimal. once i washed them it was back to the same reaction.

I have tried, DZ Nuts, Belgium Butter, Chamois Butt'r, Assos, and Rapha all with the same effect. I also have a natural one i got off of amazon but i cant recall the brand. It seems nuts i could be allergic to something in all of these but i guess it's possible.

What are some alternatives to the main brands, i thought of trying udder smooth (sp?) but not sure.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

critracer26 wrote:...once i washed them it was back to the same reaction.

Try a different detergent.

NS

by NS

I find with modern synthetic chammys there is little need for cream, however for reducing any friction how about Vaseline?

critracer26

by critracer26

i did switch to a hypoallergenic detergent with not much of a change.

the vaseline didnt do the job and it stained other clothes in the wash?

NS

by NS

How much are you applying?? You shouldn't need handfuls of the stuff? If your shorts fit then there shouldn't be a great deal of movement down there once you've arranged yourself comfortably.

You say a castelli S is too big at a 30" waist?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com