rollerracing.ca

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

shampoo

by shampoo

Hi

Some more info http://blog.rollerracing.ca.

We also have a Twitter account: @rollerracing

Thanks!

J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

yeaux

by yeaux

Very cool - very excited to try it out.

thesimones

by thesimones

Can't sign up at this time but I did provide my email. I use Trainer Road and like it quite a lot so this seems interesting.

Mikeno

by Mikeno

B B B B Bump.

Any News. Has the weather in Canada improved enough to shelve the project till next winter? Just wondering because the weather here went from 20 degrees C three days ago to snow today.

:?:

shampoo

by shampoo

Mikeno wrote:B B B B Bump.

Any News. Has the weather in Canada improved enough to shelve the project till next winter? Just wondering because the weather here went from 20 degrees C three days ago to snow today.

:?:

We are still working on it. ;-)

We hired two new developers and have started to migrate to new servers.. So invites are coming!

J

shampoo

by shampoo

Hi everyone

We are now in full beta mode and we are accepting new accounts to be a beta tester.

Sign up here: http://www.rollerracing.ca and you can race anyone over the web in realtime using nothing but a ANT+ stick, (USB2 and USB1) a power meter OR a speed sensor and a fluid trainer and your browser. We supply everything else.

We will start organizing weekly races soon where you can win a Roller Racing t-shirt.

I hope to race you soon.

Thanks

J

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Can you draft off someone then launch for a sprint off of them?
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mentok

by mentok

2 questions:

1) can i play on a set of ordinary rollers? if not, why not? anything i can do to change that (short of buying a compatible fluid trainer).

2) which ant stick do you recommend?

shampoo

by shampoo

When we first started working on Roller Racing, we did a survey: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=92343

The results (which have been since clobbered, but I can find them if you like) showed that fluid trainers were the most popular.. Computrainer did rather well in the poll as well.

So we focused our energies on the main fluid trainers.

Also, fluid trainers are the easiest to produce a speed -> watts algorithm because the curve is always the same..

This is also true for rollers but the problem with rollers is that there are so many of them and they all have different power curves. Some even have resistance on them which complicates things even further.. But this isn't to say we won't support rollers, the question is, which ones ?

I hope that helps.

As for which ANT stick, I would just get the Garmin USB2 ANT stick. Drop me a PM and I can tell you the best places to go to get one.

J

mentok

by mentok

does the type of trainer used still matter if you have both a powermeter and a speed sensor?

at a guess, i would think that trying to support rollers would be a pretty tough affair - speed VS power relations vary greatly due to variables like bearing condition, tyre pressure, etc...

shampoo

by shampoo

If you have a power meter, you can use any trainer you want with any resistance..

If you do not own a power meter but you do own an ANT+ speed sensor, we try to simulate watts based off your speed and off the trainer you are using. This is why knowing the trainer is important when using a speed sensor only.

If you own a power meter, all you need is a power meter and any trainer you wish to train on.

I hope that helps!

J

sow

by sow

only input your e mail ....?? have to wait for the confirmation....

shampoo

by shampoo

sow wrote:only input your e mail ....?? have to wait for the confirmation....

If you signed up, expect a confirmation code to sign up before this weekend.

Thanks for trying !

J

Privateer

by Privateer

Power2Max aren't listed in your compatable powermeters. They use ANT+. Are they compatable?

shampoo

by shampoo

If it works with a Garmin 500, it will work with Roller Racing.

J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com