Experience with C-4 straight pull front hub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Anders

by Anders

I'm looking for a 20h straight pull hub and came across the C-4 FH-70SP on the Cyclingstechnology website at a good price. Is this a good and stiff hub? Any other alternatives for a good and stiff straight pull hub?

HillRPete

by HillRPete

There is lots of talk about C4 in the archives, I would encourage you to search, also generally using Google.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devinci

by devinci

4 words:

stay clear from C4

Search for my MTB hubs review in the archives

LEC135

by LEC135

I had one on some C4 2.0 USL. Not stiff (and I'm 59kg) but very light and it looked great!

The original version had a carbon side which melted instantly but the customer service was great and it was fixed instantly.

devinci

by devinci

customer service sucks, products sucks, owner sucks, once again, read my purchse review, total ripp off.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boneman

by boneman

I cannot comment directly on the hub in question. I built up a front wheel using a C4 FH95 hub. It's a traditional flanged hub. It's 20h and currently built into a H Plus Son Archetype rim with radial lacing using Pillar bladed spokes. I have used the hub for about 14 months here in Singapore where you can get caught in a lot of rain. I have no issues with the hub. As for service, it's a front hub and the only service they will need is new bearings which are available and also easy to replace.

I seem to recall Tune making straight pull fronts, DT makes them and Novatech as well. The latter are a better bet for reasonable pricing.

Anders wrote:I'm looking for a 20h straight pull hub and came across the C-4 FH-70SP on the Cyclingstechnology website at a good price. Is this a good and stiff hub? Any other alternatives for a good and stiff straight pull hub?

The facts, while interesting, are not relevant.......