by Imaking20

I would miss that bike too, Jure!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I was thinking the exact same thing about the chain rings, I think Black chainrings will make the whole bike mesh better form the drive side. Great looking bike. Removing the wheel decals was definately the right move.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Alright, so the bike is a little more portly than I'd like. I obviously built this primarily with purpose in mind and weight as a secondary goal... but the weight still needs to be 14 lbs tops (because OCD).

Now I'm looking for input on areas to shed weight without a second mortgage or sacrificing drivetrain performance.

Here's what's already planned:

Powercordz
The idea of mini i-links are growing on me
New stem - the Zipp is too short - open to input on a lighter, STIFF 110mm stem
Woodman mast topper
Lighter saddle
Ti hardware

...and if I get bored (and freedom) over the winter I may look into a climbing wheelset. That's secondary to little gains though.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

That really came together well! New Red cranks actually go well with that frame. I usually dislike the stock rings, but they look fine here.

Hed Stinger wheels? edit; see from the previous page that they are Hed.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

KevinGnar

by KevinGnar

Imaking20 wrote:The idea of mini i-links are growing on me

DO IT!

Wcl4

by Wcl4

I miss my bike - but not that much ;) i have a mcfk topper if youre interested. Pm me. Brand new never installed.

My Zero 7 is in functioning order, but not to where i want it to be before i debut it. But a hint - it's currently at 12lbs with pedals. Mu hahaha!!

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Wcl4 wrote: - it's currently at 12lbs with pedals. Mu hahaha!!

Lbs! Oh do come into the 21century please and stop using measures from the history books
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Wcl4 wrote:I miss my bike - but not that much ;) i have a mcfk topper if youre interested. Pm me. Brand new never installed.

My Zero 7 is in functioning order, but not to where i want it to be before i debut it. But a hint - it's currently at 12lbs with pedals. Mu hahaha!!

Well I'm absolutely thrilled with this bike still. I had a nice break in the weather on Sunday and was able to take it out for a 60 mile spin. I'm still smiling about it.

PM inbound.

Personally, I like the weight not published in Canadian ;)

Wcl4

by Wcl4

It's slightly over 5.44 kg in case you couldn't do the math.

Spindoctor

by Spindoctor

Wcl4 wrote:It's slightly over 5.44 kg in case you couldn't do the math.

antiquated measurements and dubious english.. "math" what is that short for ? since when was mathematics singular?
Wiliers: Cento Uno; Cento SLR; Imperiale, Zero 7 (all Super Record 11sp naturally)

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Well if you want to get technical with the finer points of English grammar, I suggest you look to your own writings first before harping on other people's posts.

Spindoctor wrote:
Wcl4 wrote: - it's currently at 12lbs with pedals. Mu hahaha!!

Lbs! Oh do come into the 21century please and stop using measures from the history books

CLEAR

by CLEAR

found my twins... well sorta,... good looking cento1 SL u got there...
Attachments
here's mine
here's mine

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Right back at you, beautiful bike! I know that's a bike you have a lot of fun on!

And for the first time I just wished I had a SR crank...

CLEAR

by CLEAR

yeas... this frame deserves a campy, but atleast with your Red it is lighter overall. my total weight is 6.44 kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Well I finally threw on some Praxis rings. Shift quality is very close to the Red/Red combo but I'd give the new SRAM rings a slight advantage. Not in the weight department though...

Sure looks a lot better!

And I stripped my Toupe Pro finally. It's actually a lot more comfortable to me now. 90 grams as it sits.