Stem/handlebar/seatpost combo

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

Cant decide on which combo should i go for, hope to get some interesting answers from here.

Right now I'm deciding between Zipp service course SL combo and the 3T combo both in stealth black.

i hope to keep this within a budget so i dont think i can afford any carbon combos although the Enve setup is just sweet.

Please help , guys!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xjbaylor

by xjbaylor

Not that it was one of your options, but if I was on a budget and looking for relatively lightweight parts that needed to match I would look at Williams. Otherwise I would mix brands and cherry pick the lightest parts that landed in my budget.

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

I cherry picked.

But to match I would go fsa or zipp.

Dozer

by Dozer

Take a look at Ritchie options. I found them to be a good bang for the buck.

bura

by bura

Do Ritchey and FSA offer stealth black look?
Between Zipp and 3T I would vote for a 3T combo in stealth look.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Can't you just create a stealth black look with some acetone to remove any graphics? There are posts on here where it has been done on the Ritchey stems that come with the Canyon bikes.

MaxDaddy

by MaxDaddy

Thomson?

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

MaxDaddy wrote:Thomson?

Thomson have 1 of the ugliest looking seatpost with setback. i loved their zero setback but i need a seatpost with setback this time round.

Cherry picking is a good option to have as well, somehow it just bothers me a little.

cerro

by cerro

Deda! But all depends on which bend you prefer. A Ritchey WCS C260stem with a WCS Classic bar is always nice. Or 3T Arx and Tornova bar. But on a smaller bike a Deda Zero100 stem and Newton Shallow is awesome.

MaxDaddy

by MaxDaddy

If you spend enough time on eBay you can find good deals on the FSA stuff. I went that way and had all of the graphics stripped off. Can't get much more stealth.

1spd

by 1spd

Not sure what your budget is but I went with a Zipp Service Corse SL stem at 120g and an ITM Pathom 2 bar that came in at 207g. I have since stripped the clear coat and logos off the top of the bar and it now weighs in at 198g (should have done the whole bar but I was tired of messing with it). Cost for the bar was $185 tho. Ritchey WCS stem weighs in right around 120g for a 100mm w/ ti bolts (bought bolts separately-are now in my Zipp stem).

Lots out there on ebay once you have an idea of what you want. Might be worth doing the stem first and then saving a little longer for a nicer/lighter bar.
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

HillRPete

by HillRPete

bura wrote:Do Ritchey and FSA offer stealth black look?

Referring to Ritchey, not if by "stealth" you mean only same-colour/different-tone decals. Their designs have become more unobstrusive lately, though. The alu WCS line has a healthy bank-for-buck ratio, I'm very happy with it and looking forward to use it in another build soon.

cyclistcong

by cyclistcong

1spd wrote:Not sure what your budget is but I went with a Zipp Service Corse SL stem at 120g and an ITM Pathom 2 bar that came in at 207g. I have since stripped the clear coat and logos off the top of the bar and it now weighs in at 198g (should have done the whole bar but I was tired of messing with it). Cost for the bar was $185 tho. Ritchey WCS stem weighs in right around 120g for a 100mm w/ ti bolts (bought bolts separately-are now in my Zipp stem).

Lots out there on ebay once you have an idea of what you want. Might be worth doing the stem first and then saving a little longer for a nicer/lighter bar.

From my understanding, the Zipp SCSL stem came with ti bolts off the shelves.

I leaning towards the Zipp Handlebar( short/shallow) after a test ride on those bars. But the 3T's new arx2 stem looks almost like the zipp but supposedly lighter than the zipp.

It seems like the 3T seatpost does not come in the stealth look, I'm looking for which is quite a big disappointment.

I'm using Arione tri-2 carbon (not doing tt, just a personal perference on the saddle) on my current bike which means i'm unable to use most of the Ritchey seatpost due to their clamp design.( as my LBS tried to fit my saddle to a Ritchey seatpost but failed)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

for me it was between the Zipp sl course set up and ritchey. I went with ritchey because Not only is it lighter, but I like the bend in the superlogic bars better.

just my .02

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Getter

by Getter

Running the Zipp SCSL stem and SC CSL bar...both in Beyond Black.