Storck Fascenario 0.7 with new SRAM Red and Enve 3.4's

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Sorry WW folks for being AWOL this past year.
Been working very hard on Blacksmith Cycle (my shop) and Stage-Race Distribution, my little bike, shoe and wheel importer.
I'll throw up a few quick posts today to show you all what we've been up to!

First up, is the Storck Fascenarion 0.7 we just built up for a customer named Derek...

Frame: 2012 Storck Fascenario 0.7
Fork: Stilleto 260
Group: SRAM Red
Wheels: shop-built ENVE 3.4 clinchers on blue Tune Mig 70 / Mag 170 hubs with Sapim CX Rays
Bar and Stem: Enve carbon
Post: Syntace P6 carbon, to be swapped for an Enve next month

Weight came in just over 13 lbs...

I took it for a quick spin - lucky me - and was very impressed by the stiffness, especially given the extremely light fork and traditional 1,1/8" headtube. We had another customer come off a Specialized SL4 and comment that the Storck was stiffer, lighter, but probably not quite as comfortable as his S-works. Generally speaking it is very impressive in terms of performance for something that is a true sub-800 gram frame with a sub-300 gram fork.

Edit: forgot to mention that the new Fizik 3mm bar tape is sweeeet. Much nicer than last year's dual tape, and could be a go-to for those looking for another alternative to Arundel Gecko and Lizardskins for the 2013 season. I'm more of a traditional guy, so the 2mm tape looks right for me, but I've yet to try it out.

Happy new year!
Mike

artray

by artray

That looks very nice. Im not a big Storck fan but this looks pretty mean . :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stockie

by Stockie

only thing left to do is customize the red accents in the groupset to blue…
I Will make the leap

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Kinda heavy for such pricey kit. :lol:

But I'm glad Derek will be enjoying the ride!
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

You run a bike shop but fit a very pointy-down saddle like that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Hey Gang,

First off, saddle tilt is pretty even - you might notice the entire bike appears tilted due to the angle.
But as an aside, I do find it odd when people comment on such a subjective, personal issue. We all have different ass / sit-bone / pelvis shapes.

As for the weight, I should have mentioned that this also included a set of Time pedals.
If we went with a lighter saddle and a set of tubular wheels, you'd be in to the low 12 lb range pretty easily. In its current state, though, she makes a great daily driver at a pretty darn low sum.

And as far as the matching blue SRAM Red accents...I do dig the idea, but this project had pretty much maxed out the customer's budget for now, and that sort of detailing is quite time consuming. We've done similar work, such as the blacked-out ENVE components on our Storck Fasc. 0.6 build I posted a while ago, which had the same wheels, incidentally (http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=105070&hilit=fascenario+cippo&start=0)