"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

It's WW.

A hate of Mavic seems almost compulsory to signing up :lol:

KWalker

by KWalker

Despite all the design blah blah blah, Rapha will still continue to sell strong for a few simple reasons:

1. Its still different than what many associate with exercise apparel. Its the opposite of Assos, fluoro wind vests, and all the dorky shit that most cyclists tend to be drawn towards.
2. The whole aesthetic of the Continental videos will continue to draw people who glorify those types of things to their site.
3. Its not bad quality. I used to hate a few of their products, but the rest of my good have held up well. Can't say the same for a lot of other brands. The shop I worked at has only had 1 Rapha product returned and those were my winter gloves.
4. There are a lot of clothing companies in other niche sports, such as rock climbing and skateboarding (just ones that I know about) that haven't changed their "design thesis" ever. 15+ years going on and they're still selling boatloads of product. Patagonia is one company that never really changes their style, technology, or line up and it sells great. This isn't high fashion, its an outdoor hobby.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Velofreak wrote:It's as bad as a pinarello, so i think it's a good kit brand that will match a suspicious sponsor, suspicious frame manufacture, etc... they should wear all fizik shoes and mavic wheels, to close the circle.

So much anger and hostility.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I soooooo love the Rapha Continental videos but just can't bring myself to buy any of their gear...I think it's the pungent smell of elitism and being overpriced? :roll:

pastronef

by pastronef

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Give it was a prologue with not TT bars or TT bikes permitted, I would have done the same.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

Really, would you go to all the trouble for a 5km TT?

airwise

by airwise

Wingnut wrote:I soooooo love the Rapha Continental videos but just can't bring myself to buy any of their gear...I think it's the pungent smell of elitism and being overpriced? :roll:

I think that's a bit of a problem - certainly here in the UK.

Wearing Rapha makes many people automatically assume you are a ****** (sounds similar to Rapha. Two Syllables.) That's a shame - the kit is not that bad.

I suspect the more generous cut Team Sky range will sell out quite quickly. Personally I really like the colours and the softshell looks great to me. Shame I wouldn't consider buying it. Funny how people bought Rapha because it was different and now every bloater struggling over the Col de la Boite will be sporting their Sky kit.

pastronef

by pastronef

the Vuelta Murcia becomes a 1 day race

http://www.biciciclismo.com/cas/site/no ... p?id=58363

LeePaton

by LeePaton

I personally find rapha stuff rather nice and the stuff I have is still in great condition. People think I'm a poser for wearing it? Oh well.

Edited for language

Juan

Wingnut

by Wingnut

LeePaton wrote:People think I'm a cunt for wearing it? Oh well.

That's a bit harsh...lol.

KWalker

by KWalker

pastronef wrote:narrow handlebar for Henderson

http://twitter.com/Greghenderson1/statu ... 28/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

a lot of pros run narrower bars now than you'd think. Millar has run 3T 40s (38s at the hoods) for years, but quite a few Garmin dudes that are taller run 3T 42s (40 at the hoods). Most pro bike fit articles never actually measure the bars at the hoods and many brands including 3T, Zipp, FSA, and Easton taper 2cm and are measured at the widest point.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

Maximilian

by Maximilian

I wear Rapha clothing as its the only stuff I've found which fits properly, even the sleeves, which for me is a miracle. Before I had the Wind Jacket I had a gap of 2-3 inches between the cuff of my glove and my jackets. The pro-team jersey is great and I will be completing the kit in the spring as the pro-team bibs come in a small with a extra long leg. I don't care about any of the marketing spiel, I care about the fact that it fits.

I like the design of the Sky kit and would buy it... if it didn't have sky plastered on it. Though I guess most of the stuff I'll see coughing up Box Hill won't be the pro-team versions...

Rob81

by Rob81

DartanianX wrote:Really, would you go to all the trouble for a 5km TT?

I could be wrong but I think Hansen ALWAYS uses a 38 (or 40) cm handelbar

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Willier

by Willier

Bardiani-CSF: Cipollini + campagnolo