HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm 

stephen@fibre-lyte wrote:
djconnel wrote:
I think people need to recognize that running small manufacturing businesses is incredibly challenging. Every time there's a small-scale operator selling stuff that pushes the limits people whine and complain: every single time. AX, Lightning, Camillo, Fibre-Lyte, etc. I think you need to expect some hiccups and if you're not ready for that than confine your business to large-scale companies like SRAM, Shimano, and Campy. But in doing so recognize they are unwilling to devote the attention and invest the same level of risk in their parts.

I agree with your sentiment entirely, but I wouldn't like riders to think that they get any less 'hiccups' with large scale manufacturers, I think that we just hear less about it as most large scale brand complaints go through the local bike shop, not on forums such as this. Typical examples would be no availability (in the UK at least) for replacement carbon rear derailleur plates from a well known major brand. Fortunately, we supply our own versions of those and needless to say, we've sold quite a few. Also, frames. We do quite a number of frame repairs and a percentage of those are manufacturing faults (in our opinion) where the manufacturer has denied the warranty, or they are not the first owner.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know who the UK distributor is for Ciamillo brakes? According to the Ciamillo website it's Otago cyclesport but the link doesn't seem to be working?

Hello Stephen,

I'm looking after the entire Europe through my website www.velo-perso.com
All the small parts are currently available and you even can find some parts that are specially made for the European market (black barrel adjusters, blacks backnuts...)
The entire website is currently being fully translated in English but as of today you can buy worldwide and it's very fast because the stock is updated in real time and I ship within 24h at reasonable shipping rates. Moreover, despite Quality control from the factory is currently good, I insure a 3rd level of quality control, just to make sure that the brakes are really perfect. This 2012 year I have thus reached a 0% rate of return on brand new in box brakes and I have mainly fixed old brakes and installed the new spring.
Ted and I will work this year on a new Ciamillo website where official distributors and retailers will be listed.

Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:06 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 am 

SadPanda wrote:
To everyone else I will post an update if I ever receive anything.

Last night I received an email from Ted and the refund that had been promised. The situation is resolved and again I wish Ted and Ciamillo all the best for the future.

/derail, everyone please return to calibrating their digital scales and debating aesthetics!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:52 am 

^ poor sad panda doesn't have self calibrating digital scales.......
. No, actually, that made me laugh! ;)

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3