Insane ,,,light combo .

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

artray

by artray

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/01/02/das ... more-53200" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1415chris

by 1415chris

I could live with this weight insanity, but not with the madness of the price :wink:

Nice looking, interesting saddle clamps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grill

by Grill

I want that disc. Spicy.

artray

by artray

Price is a killer :(

campbellrae

by campbellrae

Looks awesome, but $1000? Really? Think I would rather take the 80-100g hit and put the sayings towards some uber light wheels instead... But I suppose if you have done everything else I can see the attraction. What arr the lightest fixed combos coming in at now as a comparison?

djconnel

by djconnel

My Thomson - KCNC rail - Becker combo is around 190. So this saves around 80 grams relative to that. That bolt connection doesn't look very strong, but they know what they're doing! It's certainly a pricy upgrade but not in the >$10/gram range of frame upgrades.

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

If you know your position on the bike just get a combo from Jure Berk. Sure you cannot adjust the tilt etc. if you change frames, but how often do you? Pricewise you can get much more form Jure...

Chris.
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

bura

by bura

Dash's price is trash.

I am pretty sure to have seen the two bolts connection through the saddle channel somewhere else before. Can not remember where. Anyone knows?
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

artray

by artray

Can someone tell me how expensive the carbon is that they use to make such a light combo?

xrs2

by xrs2

djconnel wrote:but they know what they're doing!

Don't assume. Their hubs are utter garbage and they sell 'em and forget 'em. I've now heard from several other people who have had issues with their hubs. Mine lasted a whole 5 or 6 rides before pieces started falling off.

Hate to be cruel to a small US-based company, but my experience with Dash has been poor. Buyer beware.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

bura wrote:Dash's price is trash.

I am pretty sure to have seen the two bolts connection through the saddle channel somewhere else before. Can not remember where. Anyone knows?

http://www.bmeres.com/saddles70.htm

"This Saddle and post assembly is protected by a European patent No. 1687195. The patent was granted on March 11, 2009."

@krzysiekmz
Thanks for reminding on me, really appreciate that!

It isn't custom made (they can make it on stock) and the price really isn't "friendly", they can't have much more costs then I have for a combo, if not even less. But anyway, I really like how they made it, I'm interested how it performs. I only wonder if the saddle nose is strong enough (both for Dash and BME)?

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

1415chris wrote:I could live with this weight insanity, but not with the madness of the price :wink:

Nice looking, interesting saddle clamps.

Do they really sell that many saddles that they can ask such a price? 500 would seem more appropriate.... :noidea: Plus the fact that I have yet to see one person at a ride or race with one.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mattias Hellöre
in the industry

by Mattias Hellöre

Regarding the price, if they sell so it is right price range.
Higher price does mean a bit of exclusivity.
Experimental Prototype