On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jmilliron

by jmilliron

danoontje wrote:@Jmilliron, thanks for your contributions to this forum, love every post!

Thanks!

grnrcr wrote:I am 99% sure I saw this bike on the road earlier this week. It was on Central in Los Altos. Pictures do not do any justice to how bright that green is in person. I did a full head turn when you rode past me in the opposite direction.

Ha! Must have been Foothill. Was up and down through there three or four times last week.
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

trychle

by trychle

Sjoerd wrote:Last ride of the year, decided to take the mountainbike with me my while visiting my in-laws in Burgh Haamstede, The Netherlands. There's an 8 km long mountainbike route through the dune area. In the end I rode a bit to see the North Sea:

That's where I train when I'm not in Switzerland! :thumbup:

Kasparz

by Kasparz

campbellrae wrote:Unfortunately my first ride of the year was even worse, freehub broke leaving me with a 10km walk home :(

I had to walk about 10Km too, but I had a backpack and running shoes with me, hahahaaa :mrgreen:

erty65

by erty65

Kasparz wrote:First training this year and first flat. Not a nice way to start a year.
I`ve never had a flat with studded tires.

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Studded tyres are too expensive, my whole winter bike doesn't cost as much.

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

Sunny but somewhat cold day. Woke up and was surprised by the weather so I had breakfast and rode off!

GASer

by GASer

A quick break from serious cycling :P

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Sjoerd

by Sjoerd

I would be laughing too with such mountains in the background :D

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

For those of you posting without locations designated in your user profile, could you at least post the location of your photos?
:thumbup:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

GASer

by GASer

Well not far from the city of Athens in Greece. The mnt is named Parnitha, not exactly the alps but still a 1400m summit. Happy new year to everyone!

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

Bikeav8or

by Bikeav8or

@ GAser

I visit Athens on business occasionally, whats the best way to get out of the city by bike if your hotel is not far from the Accropolis ?

Can you recommend a train destination from the city centre ?

Cheers

GASer

by GASer

Bikeav8or wrote:@ GAser

I visit Athens on business occasionally, whats the best way to get out of the city by bike if your hotel is not far from the Accropolis ?

Can you recommend a train destination from the city centre ?

Cheers

You need to take the train, probably from Omonia to Kifissia terminal, then ride about 5 km north to Varibobi. One of the nicest road rides from Varibobi to Katsimidi or alt a reach network of trails and fire roads around to the Vasilika area. PM me for more info if you wish.

kingtom

by kingtom

trychle wrote:Imagine these pictures with birds whisteling all around.
It's just like spring.

A nice way to end the year.

nice view at the 'pfannenstil'. from over there, you can see in my kitchen... nearly... 20km far from home. so, you know, how beautiful i'm living :welcome:

trychle

by trychle

Stop making me jealous.. :twisted:

The following photo is from yesterdays ride.
I was right on my way to take a KOM from Florian Vogel on the Etzel, when this happened:

It was impossible to continue riding as the road was one big ice rink..

tinchy

by tinchy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com