Hand-built Pantani Nero with Super Record + ENVE 6.7's

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

OK, last one for the day and I'll try to get back to more regular contributions around here!
We are setting up a photo studio in February so the image quality should also improve.

This is my other personal rig, a Pantani Nero, hand-built by Carrera in Italy:

Frame: Nero XL with custom geometry (essentially a size 57 with a long head-tube)
Fork: Pantani tapered 1,1/8" to 1.5"
Group: 2011 Super Record (I didn't want the red logos on this bike)
Components: Enve carbon all around
Wheels: ENVE 6.7 tubulars, though I have since swapped to Xentis 5.8's - more on those in a future post
Cage: Campy Record carbon - truthfully, it is pricey, but just looks awesome
Saddle: Fizik Antares, though I am anxiously awaiting the new Mobius series as I love my old K1

Weight: 14.5 lbs all-in with Keywin Ti pedals

Overall I was really blown away by this baby...I'd say it is the best "all-arounder" I have ridden.
I'd rate it an 8 out of 10 or higher in nearly all categories - comfort, stiffness, handling is just so damn solid.
Sure, it is a bit on the heavy side for a modern carbon frame, but I am a big believer in the benefits if a tube-to-tube build, for both ride quality advantages and also custom geometry options.
Compared to my old Cento Uno, I'd say this one is a bit stiffer and fits me even better.
If I was to take it to the next level, I might look towards a Cyfac Absolu V2 in 2013, but for now, this baby is quite amazing!

All the best for 2013,
Mike

GASer

by GASer

Simply beautiful

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

thats quite something you got there Mike :thumbup: dont see those around very often! 8)
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

Thanks! I actually let one of our taller Elite Team racers ride her this past season and he also loved the combination of stiffness and smooth ride quality.
He was coming off a Cannondale, so I thought the more neutral handling would take some adjustment, but he was giving it a thumbs-up pretty much right away, which really impressed me.
As a shop-owner, I am not the most aggressive or highest output rider - especially compared to a 6'3", 175 lb roleur - so it was nice to hear some validation in regards to the bike's natural stiffness.
Much better picture of the frameset is also posted on the site, from our short 2012 Pantani range preview: http://blacksmithcycle.com/shop/2012-pantani-model-range-preview/

Happy new year,
Mike