Kask helmet sizing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ichobi

by ichobi

I need a little bit of help here and can't find similar topics by searching old posts so here goes.

I am about to order a Kask Mojito helmet and not too sure about the sizing. I am a 58, the Medium size is for 48-58cm head, the large is 58 up. Will order from Wiggle and can't really try on the helmet. No shops sell them around here either.

Looking for some input from anyone that have used Vertigo/ Mojito helmets. I don't want to look like a shroom! Wiggle rep recommends a large since I am on the large end of medium.

Appreciate any help, thanks.
Last edited by ichobi on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultraman6970

by ultraman6970

Im not familiar with that helmet in specific but if i was you I would pick the larger one. The kask retention system rocks compared with other brands around. So if tiny lose you will be able to get it right, thing that doesnt happens with other brands.

At least the kask model I have is designed for a more wide than rounded head (giro and others) too.

Hope this helps.

kai-ming

by kai-ming

I have a Kask Mojito in size M. Yes, it says adjustable 48-58cm. My head is not as big as yours, so I don't know how I could help.
But, if you are going to wear a cap before you put the helmet on , then, size M may be too small.
Last edited by kai-ming on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ichobi

by ichobi

Thanks for the input guys. I will not be using a cap at all since I live in the tropical area but i guess i will have to go with a large. For reference i can't fit medium specialized helmet at all as my head is rather wide. Kask helmet looks quite slim, probably wont look as bad as the spesh helmets in large.

madmole

by madmole

Im a 58 and have the medium kask C50 vertigo. Great fit, very comfy

I can wear their winter liner in mine easily (recommended, its warm, very breathable and waterproof)
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg

ichobi

by ichobi

Interesting, is your adjuster maxed out? Do you have a lot of space between the helmet and your forehead? I.e. does it feel and/or look too small or just about right!? Thanks it's great that you wear my size.

madmole

by madmole

No, not maxed, but not too far away. The winter liner replaces the summer padding so takes up no extra width. I still have about 1cm on the adjuster to go if needed. I do have to undo it to get helmet on head and then spin it tight

Very light and confy helmet just not the jbest looking. Its wide and flat. Covers my head perfectly. I have a squarish head and have worn Giro and bell in past but aware of their pressure on back two corners of my head. the Kask, just fits perfectly with no pressure anywhere

The strap and fitting are all top quality and very soft napa leather. So confy and nocely padded you can clamp the neck spinner low and hard and it wont move
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg

ichobi

by ichobi

Hey thanks a lot madmole for your input, I will go for the medium then. My issue with other helmets like Spesh and Giro is that my head is too wide to fit medium size, and the large size always looks way too big so the Kask should be perfect.

And one other thing, I really think it looks WAY better than other helmet. The main reason to buy the Mojito because it looks awesome in the world champ colour way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

Kask Vertigo is the best helmet out :thumbup:
I've previously used S Works helmets and the Kask is much nicer in my opinion.