Mavic R-sys slr problems

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Elrey

by Elrey

I hope so. Expecting a call from my dealer today.

Elrey

by Elrey

Well... The Tech-support from Mavic won't help me. He says it's ment to wear down. But my dealer is p@#$! He says he can't sell Mavic wheels if this is the outcome. So for now, we wait for another Tech guy from Mavic to inspect the rims by photo and the serialnumber in the rim.

Jebus....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

madmole

by madmole

EU law says they have a 2 year warranty. Take em back to your dealer and demand a refund. They are not fit for purpose. The Exalith is a very ridged finish, for that to happen in so short a time you would either need to be running grinding paste as a lubricant or the wheel wasnt done right to start with

Exalith looks and feels like a file (ie ridged) hence the noise when braking. Youd have to wear away nearly 2mm of ridges to get smooth sections like that
Cervelo S3 2011. Blinged 6.718 Kg

cllrhodgen

by cllrhodgen

Oh dear Mon-sewer Mavic - another reason why you should spend elsewhere!?! :oops:

Keep us updated!

imageking

by imageking

I was thinking of going to go down the mavic route but not after seeing this ..... This just adds to all the other mavic issues I've heard about from my mates
Oltre XR4 SR11
2xParlee Z1 Gloss SR11
Enigma Etape Ti SR11 +rack
Colnago K.Zero - LW12spoke/LW Disc
Pinarello Opera 90's steel Rec10

Elrey

by Elrey

Still waiting for Mavic DK to respond to my e-mails.

SDP

by SDP

not good..keep us posted..

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

michel2

by michel2

Im sorry to here ur wheels not holding up and secondly mavic not comming to the party!
I was tossing up between rsys and the slr's but i'll b keeping my pennys in my pocket for now.
I hope the wake up and send u a replacement wheel soon

maddog 2

by maddog 2

one day we'll be on discs....

cllrhodgen

by cllrhodgen

Hi, what's the latest on this issue please?

I have some friends who went to Mavic UK retail hub the other week, and they asked the question about exalith wear.

Be under no illusion that after time the exalith will wear off and leave the colour you have (Mavic open pro CD colour), it will not stay black for ever, although i agree it shouldn't have done it after one ride, so basically Mavic stated that the issue isn't an issue as the fish bone type braking surface will not wear down as quick and it is the dealers who are mis-leading the customers by way of mis-information.

Apparently all wheels are sent to the Uk to have the Exalith treatment applied and then re-shipped back to Mavic Le Frog for distribution!!

Let us all know what the latest is in your quest for a replacement anyway please!!

Elrey

by Elrey

I just finished talking on the phone with the Danish distributor of Mavic. Mavic will NOT cover the wheels. They believe it is a wear part.
The problem arises because they have a new opinion in 2013. My wheels are from 2012. In 2012 they had a different opinion and that they would have covered the wheels then.
If nothing else, the Danish distributor chose to cover my wheels, as they have sold the wheels under another guarantee from Mavic in 2012.
I don't have the new wheels yet, so nothing is certain, but so far I do I get new set of wheels.

cllrhodgen

by cllrhodgen

:noidea: :frightened: :doh: :sick:

Classic! So that's ruined Mavic's reputation even more!

Elrey

by Elrey

Well it's almost a week ago i talked to Mavic DK. The promised that they would call me up the next day with delivery date and exchange of the old wheelset. Nothing happened. Wrote them two days ago to hear, when they would call me. They say'd yesterday. Nothing happened. They haven't called me today. Is this usual business for Mavic? Getting pretty tired of them constantly pushing me away, when the already have told me, that they would replace my wheelset.

Folks. I regret so badly for dealing with Mavic and getting their R-sys SLR.

pcrispey

by pcrispey

I bought chinees wheels instead of the Mavic R-sys 1/3 of the price if they fail i buy newones.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Elrey

by Elrey

Thanks. That's helpfull.