My Specialized 2013 Venge

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

tri

by tri

Nice bikes. I'm somewhat interested in a Specialized Venge myself but I'm a little worried over the looks of the size 61. Anyone happen to have a picture of how it actually looks like? All the images on the net is 54, 56 in the size were most frames looks there best, which is unfair :( for us taller folks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Marzz

by Marzz

S-Works Venge

r_mutt

by r_mutt

Looking really good! Only change I would have made would have been to forgo the standard crank for a OSBB or BB30 one. Why bother using an insert?

jhamlin38

by jhamlin38

Really Nice.
Go Juve!

Marzz

by Marzz

Yeah forza Juve!
S-Works Venge

Marzz

by Marzz

r_mutt wrote:Looking really good! Only change I would have made would have been to forgo the standard crank for a OSBB or BB30 one. Why bother using an insert?

If you wanna donate me a replacement for my standard 7900 crank, I will swap it out.
Until then, why bother?
S-Works Venge

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

Better shifting......minor, if any, weight penalty. Why bother?

Marzz

by Marzz

When I upgrade whole group set its probably gonna happen.
Until then, that standard crank is good enough. Good to see others are so concerned for the well being of the bike tho.
S-Works Venge

stridertexas

by stridertexas

Well I just picked up my new frame yesterday. I've stretched my marriage to it's limits I think, but after piecing this baby together, I couldn't be happier. Picked the frame up for 50% off :lol:
Attachments
<untitled> (3).jpg
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR

S-Works Venge DA build w/ 404's

UncleBob

by UncleBob

r_mutt wrote:Looking really good! Only change I would have made would have been to forgo the standard crank for a OSBB or BB30 one. Why bother using an insert?

Why? If you think you can tell the difference in stiffness and weight (if there is any) you are kidding yourself. I'd swap both for better shifting any day. The factory adaptors are perfect and besides the specialized cranks are bulbous and fugly. All of my bikes even my Mountain bikes run full group sets with the exception of chains. Everything is made to work together with no compromise. One brand, One level of components even down to the wheels with the exception of this bike. Even if I wanted a power meter I think I'd get a Campy SRM.

And Marzz it is a very small world. I'm in Atwell and have been mates with Jo from Lakes for at least 10 years well before he worked there. He is a top bloke and so are Bill and Jarrad. I've know them just as long. Bill has been around for ever at Lakes and is a big Campagnolo fan and Jarrad is right into BMX and the mountain bikes he worked with Jo at Cyclerama. Dave the owner is also very nice, just not around very often. I used to do the shop ride there when Wayne was the owner.

Dave

PIXELLUST

by PIXELLUST

Flipping the post doesn't look bad at all, just correct. I believe it's better for your super light saddle too.

UncleBob

by UncleBob

PIXELLUST wrote:Flipping the post doesn't look bad at all, just correct. I believe it's better for your super light saddle too.

Nice bike. I don't mind the look of the post reversed and as you say it would be better for the saddle although it was in exactly the same position on my Orca.

Dave

markmdr

by markmdr

Great minds... Think alike!!!

bikericer

by bikericer

PIXELLUST wrote:Flipping the post doesn't look bad at all, just correct. I believe it's better for your super light saddle too.

THAT'S MY BIKE! Built it 2 months ago but sadly have to sell it now due to new job restrictions. Switching to a TCR Advanced SL ISP frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com