On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dalai

by Dalai

65 km on the Yarra trails and single track on the CX bike. Thankfully didn't see one snake today...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

erty65

by erty65

Dalai wrote:65 km on the Yarra trails and single track on the CX bike. Thankfully didn't see one snake today...
Don`t understand how you dare, I think coming accross the relatively unharmful European adder while trail running in Norway, is scary enough?

wilson78

by wilson78

That all looks a bit familiar Monkeyboy - the UK winter is getting a bit more tiresome than usual this year!
Nasty wheel wrecking potholes hiding under puddle anywhere you go. :evil:
My Titanium Lemond (RIP):
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=84352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Trek:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=109635

makoy

by makoy

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:'A river runs through it!' Riding around these parts is becoming increasingly frustrating, I had half a dozen miles of this rubbish. Holes in the roads everywhere and rivers running down the roads.
hole in the road in the foreground was par for the course today. Dangerous even at modest speeds!

Looks like pretty normal roads to me :noidea:
Road in first picture actually is very good, my winter trainings usually have a lot worse roads than that.

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

remind me to steer clear of latvia then! Yep in fairness the roads aren't that bad, I was getting more at the fact these roads see very little runoff water normally and more out of character than anything else. I would much rather be out than on a trainer though....

Zitter

by Zitter

Not cycling, but thought some people might like it. Panorama from the top of Heavenly Valley in Lake Tahoe

link to bigger version

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x37 ... 4048c7.jpg

Kasparz

by Kasparz

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:remind me to steer clear of latvia then! Yep in fairness the roads aren't that bad, I was getting more at the fact these roads see very little runoff water normally and more out of character than anything else. I would much rather be out than on a trainer though....

Image 3 years ago :mrgreen:

basilic

by basilic

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Kasparz wrote:
Monkeyboy3333 wrote:remind me to steer clear of latvia then! Yep in fairness the roads aren't that bad, I was getting more at the fact these roads see very little runoff water normally and more out of character than anything else. I would much rather be out than on a trainer though....

Image 3 years ago :mrgreen:

I'll book my ticket now....

Kasparz

by Kasparz

You're always welcome!
3h on the roads today, only -1c, feels like summer.

quattrings

by quattrings

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:'A river runs through it!' Riding around these parts is becoming increasingly frustrating, I had half a dozen miles of this rubbish. Holes in the roads everywhere and rivers running down the roads.
hole in the road in the foreground was par for the course today. Dangerous even at modest speeds!

Understand the frustration. A couple of days I was riding out a a familiar stretch of road which resembles your second pic.
Went through it with a bit of speed because I know it fairly well, not realising the road had been damaged by the water.
Hit a big pothole which pinchflatted the tire and bent the brake walls on my trainer rims.

Can't seem to catch a break with bike gear getting messed up lately. :roll:

Monkeyboy3333

by Monkeyboy3333

Kasparz wrote:You're always welcome!
3h on the roads today, only -1c, feels like summer.

I would love to get over there one day, if only funds would allow!

Dalai

by Dalai

I need to go back one day as I still have relatives in Latvia. Riga in particular is a pretty city and well worth visiting. :beerchug:

trychle

by trychle

A beautiful day in the Zürcher öberland (Switzerland).
It was a real shame I didn't take my road bike with me on vacation, as the roads were dry and there was no salt to be seen.

I rode for 3.5 hours without wearing gloves!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com