2013 Giant TCR SL Aluminum!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

austke

by austke

I would be scepticle too, bit like asking me about the size of my weenie if you know what I mean.
I am waiting on a TCR SL 0, but am not even trying to worry about the weight yet, will be stripping it down when I get it, so that I can verify the Real weight. 8)
Not coming until mid Feb 2013 though. :(
I am not game to strip my loan bike for weigh in though. 2013 Defy composite 2.

Austke
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

BmanX

by BmanX

My frame is a medium and I had two of them for the longest time. the one that i still have is 1072g with black paint and the other that I sold a while ago with the stock paint and anodized finished was 1085g. My guess is just north of 1200g for this frame.
BIG DADDY B FLOW
AERO & LIGHT is RIGHT for 2 decades

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bingomck

by Bingomck

Great looking bike. Curious what the weight will be.

HeluvaSkier

by HeluvaSkier

I just took delivery on my 2012 TCR SL. I opted for the 2012 (purchased in Asia and then shipped to the states) in order to get the Overdrive2 head tube. I will build mine with SRAM Force, and will be cramming a long-spindle BB30 crank into it (waiting for the bearings to arrive). I will post pics and weights once I start building. The bike came built with Apex, which I will either sell or save for a future cross build.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Beautiful. I own the 2012 tcr alu as a winter bike, and although it is heavy, it rides uncredibly well. The geometry fits me well (better than Canyon) and I really like their look with the dramatic sloping geometry.

Ryan94

by Ryan94

I just took a size medium 105 bike off the floor and stripped it down to the bare frame (FD and RD hangers were left on as well as all water bottle cage bolts.) I left the BB in the frame so I took a new shimano pf BB and tared the weight for the scale, it was 80g.

The size medium frame was 1120g. 1050g is the advertised weight.

The fork with the factory steer tube length for the bike weighed 400g but that was with the compression plug still in the steertube. 388g is advertized without the compression plug.

BmanX wrote:My frame is a medium and I had two of them for the longest time. the one that i still have is 1072g with black paint and the other that I sold a while ago with the stock paint and anodized finished was 1085g. My guess is just north of 1200g for this frame.

austke

by austke

Thx Ryan,
Top job, good to know the Real weights.
Austke
2013 Giant TCR Advanced SL 0, 6.92kg
2013 Giant Defy Composite 2 M, 8.5kg - Wife's
Azzurro Torino 8.55g
Fuji 650 10.8kg
Miele Lupa Triple Tandem 38,89kg

TimmS

by TimmS

Ok, the frame is light for an alu frm]ame, but what does the seatpost weight?
I'm afraid it is a boat anchor which diminishes the nice frame weight....

BmanX

by BmanX

Well there are two issues with the seat pin area. The post could be tuned I am sure to help with the weight but you also have the seat pin clamp which can have the bolts exchanged for ti but that is all you can do unless you go total custom. Seat post looks like my Cervelo so I am guessing 190g - 210g
BIG DADDY B FLOW

Ryan94

by Ryan94

I took a seatpost off and put it on the scale (sorry no pics)

It was 250g at full length with all factory hardware.

I know this is weight weenies, but I personally am willing to sacrafice 60g. of static weight in the post if that is what fits a nice frame.

BmanX

by BmanX

This is weight weenies so you can't just leave it. I would venture a guess that you could save more than 60g of weight if done right. I was able to get my Cervelo post down to around 140g which for an aero post is a great weight.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

fa63

by fa63

Ryan94 wrote:I took a seatpost off and put it on the scale (sorry no pics)

It was 250g at full length with all factory hardware.

I know this is weight weenies, but I personally am willing to sacrafice 60g. of static weight in the post if that is what fits a nice frame.

Makes sense afterall; Giant in their comparison article was assuming a high-quality carbon seatpost should weigh 250g :)

BmanX

by BmanX

fa63 wrote:Makes sense afterall; Giant in their comparison article was assuming a high-quality carbon seatpost should weigh 250g :)

FAIL - This is Giant marketing at the worse. There are a ton of high-quality carbon seatposts out there that are under 200g and some amazing post at half the weight they say. Saying this is just foolish on their part especially these days.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

fa63

by fa63

I was just being sarcastic, it doesn't always translate well across the web :)

BmanX

by BmanX

Pink font my friend which I believe is known to signify being cheeky.

250g posts should be the norm and the vibration dampening is amazing.
BIG DADDY B FLOW

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com